Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Lisa I could live with a park of it, it's more that it's everywhere!It's not as if Disney hadn't milked it to death already Let's close all the rides & what would be a great idea is we'll put some screens up, play bits of SW, throw in some stormtroopers, a couple of fireworks & some music & no-one will be any the wiser !
I just felt that SR was Star tours with flashing buttons to press & it makes me laugh when they say that guests can swap positions The only position is the pilots & I can't envisage anyone swapping for the vastly inferior engineer/gunner seats!
SD
They should have saved the money and just made it a Millennium Falcon walkthrough. I’d have been happy with that. You’ve got to hand it to Disney though, they are very good at milking something. I thought the March of the First Order was very effective and it was just some people dressed up walking through the park to music. Even my Mum loved it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I didn’t go on smugglers run as it looked like a motion sickness nightmare
Dh and ds were less than impressed with it, maybe because there weren’t pilots
The theming is good though
We also weren’t impressed with the qs food- forgot the name of the one we went in
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I went in September when it first opened. I haven't even seen a full Star Wars film I need to watch them really! I do know the characters though.

The area is impressive they have gone into a lot of detail building it. I went on Smugglers Run we waited about 45 minutes for it. I must admit I wasn't overly impressed with the ride it was just an interactive Star Tours. I was an engineer though I'm sure being a pilot will be much better! I spent most of the ride just tapping a few buttons. ROTR looks like a brilliant ride but I haven't been on that yet.

Everything is so expensive inside though, the tiny star wars coke bottles were $6-7 each.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I am a Star Wars fan and was there in September last year. I thought the theming was very good, we both enjoyed it. I liked the restaurant we visited, Docking Bay 7 which also had good theming. I thought Smugglers Run was absolute rubbish, not even as good as Star Tours, I wouldn’t go on it again unless it was a walk on.

I read a thread a few months ago and I big fan said they planned to spend a whole day there. It is definitely not a whole day thing, it is quite small, I can’t see anyone spending more than 90 minutes there (unless in a stand by queue).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List