Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Everything seems to be difficult at the moment.

Everything I try and do seems fraught with difficulty. Even the simplest of tasks. I find it so frustrating and I don’t have any wine either, LOL. Websites are rubbishy difficult. Opticians don’t have many appointments for children (they have been cut down, why oh why do children have to suffer?) and therefore booked up for nearly five weeks. The list is endless.

Anyone else having difficulty trying to achieve what they need to?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Jan. We are in strange times and I also get frustrated sometimes but I am more a 'roll with it' person.

Today I needed to fit a new kitchen tap. The flexible tap tails it came with were too long by 100mm. It took me over 3 hours to do a 30 minute job in the end. That included another visit to 2 Plumbers Merchants and still couldn't get what I wanted as they were all out of stock.

In the end I re used the old tails as they were ok anyhow!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:57 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mils garden wall - retaining the garden with 7 foot drop to a road on a 35 degree slope has fallen down a bit so has structural issues, danger issues, many, many issues.

Ring insurance ... wear and tear, go away... ring many builders.. "you having a laugh, that's a b$#$# of a job"... eventually one prepared to take it on... after the site visit... "ooooo, errrrrrmmmm, due to the road and other issues you need a structural engineering report first"

Now engaging the services of a structural engineer...

Life is hard, that's for sure. Frustration at every single turn... and MIL has dementia so all this has to be managed remotely... luckily Dh has POA.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

That has been my life since at least January 2020, even without covid.

Just keep swimming…
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That has been my life since at least January 2020, even without covid.

Just keep swimming…
I thought of you today, I see Tesco has even less choice of crisps but they have filled the spaces with Doritoes!
I'm guessing you never found the crisps for your Dad.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I thought of you today, I see Tesco has even less choice of crisps but they have filled the spaces with Doritoes!
Nope - and it's getting harder. Plain crisps as a whole just seem to have disappeared from my local shops! And my Mum has an individual strawberry ice cream every day, and the local shop is out of those too. She has dementia and frankly some days the strawberry ice cream is all she talks about.

Plus, I'm still trying to drive. I passed my test 30 years ago, never drove, never needed to as I lived in London. Now, I really do need to. But between my dyspraxia and my newly-diagnosed osteo-arthritis, it's not easy. I took Dad to a medical appointment this week and managed to break his wing mirror...!

So yep - just keep swimming.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Got 2 x 6 pack Walkers Salt and Vinegar today in my empty Tesco crisp isle, and thought I had won the lottery.

Disney332
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Got 2 x 6 pack Walkers Salt and Vinegar today in my empty Tesco crisp isle, and thought I had won the lottery.

Disney332
Went to my local Tesco and saw some fella pinching the last two 6 packs of Salt and Vinegar. I gave him that look of pleading. But he just looked at me and said he needed them when watching Married at first sight tonight
Old 3 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Went to my local Tesco and saw some fella pinching the last two 6 packs of Salt and Vinegar. I gave him that look of pleading. But he just looked at me and said he needed them when watching Married at first sight tonight
Priceless post

(snooze you lose)

Disney332
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

[QUOTE=EssexSue;15199484]I thought of you today, I see Tesco has even less choice of crisps but they have filled the spaces with Doritoes!
I'm guessing you never found the crisps for your Dad.[/QUOTE

Apparently there’s a computer glitch at Walkers which has resulted in supply problems.
Where I work our shelves have been empty of the traditional Walkers crisps for weeks although we did have a box of prawn cocktail and a few boxes of the baked crisps last weekend but nothing since