Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
trekkerglenn
Proud to wear my Ears

Can you check my costings please?

We're looking at mid Oct 22 for 14 nights, two ad one ch

Flying from Doncaster as we live in Yorkshire

Tui package deal inc flights, all transfers and 1st week in Portofino Hotel to take advantage of Fast passes for Universal

2nd week in a cheap n cheerful Disney hotel, All star movies (we aren't fussed on the glitz here but thought it would be nice to be in the Disney bubble)

Comes out at £6800 inc ELR seats

We are usually die hard DIY but not having been for a few years not sure how accurate the below costs are

Flights with Aer Lingus - £1700
Manchester parking, fuel, food and faffing say £200-£300
Villa for 14 nights £2000
2 or 3 nights at Portofino for the fast passes £1000
Car hire 14 nights £1000

Comes out at £6000, prob less but I've over egged the costs I think?

Can I have opinions please, as you can probably tell we really like Universal haha

Thanks all
trekkerglenn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Car hire at the minute is stupid prices
It varies day to day but honestly I’d be budgeting double for that at current prices but I’m sure it will come down
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
trekkerglenn
Proud to wear my Ears

wowzers! ok thanks Gryff
trekkerglenn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Car hire at the minute is stupid prices
It varies day to day but honestly I’d be budgeting double for that at current prices but I’m sure it will come down
A car hire only booking through Virgin Holidays isn't too bad a price. We can get a car for nest September for 2.5 weeks for £901 (its just a basic car) collection at Port Canaveral and dropping at Mco. Insurance included.

Edit - just booked for the 7 days following our cruise £339 basic 4 door inc insurance. Dropping off at Disney car care centre.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:36 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLass
Earning More Ears

You should be able to get the Universal hotel cheaper than that - we've paid £1000 for 3 nights at HRH in August & usually PF & HRH are similar prices.

The ELR seats alone can be £45+ each (double if both ways) but I'd check if your child can sit on those, they have to be a certain age I thought :-)
DisneyLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
trekkerglenn
Proud to wear my Ears

I costed HRH and PFH against Hotels & attractiontickets and someone else and all were around the £350 per night cost.

We did consider booking a villa then just taking an overnight bag for a few choice nights at PFH but didn't know if it was worth the hassle of loads of hotel rooms

I would assume if we'd put daughters age in it wouldn't give the option for ELR if she was under age but not sure if that's the case? hope so haha
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully not Manchester parking if your flying from Doncaster!

I'd say if you are hiring a car and staying onsite at both Disney and Universal you will have car parking charges on top or if your staying in a villa with car you'll have car parking charges at the parks to consider.

We are doing 3 nights at Lowes Royal Pacific for the fast passes for just under 750 in May.

1700 for flights with extra leg room for 3 people is really good. We were quoted 1100 per person from Manchester next year.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
trekkerglenn
Proud to wear my Ears

tbh we were gonna take advantage of the transportation and only grab a car for one of two days, we may even just uber it this time as we heard pre covid it was good.

That's the pull too, fly from Doncaster or have the slog over the M62 to Manchester if we choose Aer Lingus, flights are cheap but factor in fuel, travel time, commute back when shattered, etc etc it doesn't seem that amazing.

We almost always go DIY so just weighing up the best options
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah we've priced up 19 nights car hire for next August and it's coming out at 1700ish for small car. Not sure I can justify it on top of flights and hotels etc
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

£2000 for a villa in October. Seems a lot? You’d get a top of the line villa for that in August.
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List