Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thanks Rishi 💰💰💰
Had a lovely Italian meal tonight, first time here, was so busy just like a Saturday night.
Some tables were close, but back to back for the customers, all staff wore masks.
My banoffee pie was sublime, I always go for Tiramisu, but thought I’d mix it up
We had complimentary “ Limoncello “ as I mentioned it was our first time there.
Feeling very stuffed now & am going to work it all off at Boot Camp tomorrow at 6am

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Went to TGIFridays for tea tonight. It was lovely to spend time together as a family.

The food was a curate's egg.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

First meal out since lockdown, booked an afternoon tea at Mary Lamberts (Hartlepool), didn't know they were on the "eat out to help out" scheme, so it was a surprise to get it for half price. There was a reduced number of tables and they had solid screens between them, the whole place was spotlessly clean and the food was freshly made in their bakery.

Sandwiches; warm quiche; freshly baked scones with butter, jam & cream; trifles; ginger cake and chocolate cake. Tea and coffee included, total cost of £12.99 for both of us.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

We're going tomorrow to TGI's, not been since Feb, we like to pop here after work if its been a bad day.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
First meal out since lockdown, booked an afternoon tea at Mary Lamberts (Hartlepool), didn't know they were on the "eat out to help out" scheme, so it was a surprise to get it for half price. There was a reduced number of tables and they had solid screens between them, the whole place was spotlessly clean and the food was freshly made in their bakery.

Sandwiches; warm quiche; freshly baked scones with butter, jam & cream; trifles; ginger cake and chocolate cake. Tea and coffee included, total cost of £12.99 for both of us.
Haha thought that looked familiar ! We are in Hartlepool too ! 👍🏻😂🤗🤗

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
We ate out Wednesday lunch at a local restaurant (The Elm Tree at Heath), large fish, chips and mushy peas x 2, sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce and ice cream x 2 and 2 x diet cokes... £22 instead of £42... was very nice...
Staff said it was extremely busy and booked solid for next week (squeezed the 2 of us in again), other nearby restaurants (not pubs) also booked solid. But she also said that the rest of the week it’s been extremely quiet... so they’re not really making much more money as it’s just everyone eating on the half price days instead of later in the week... we wouldn’t have eaten out if the offer hadn’t been on though...
This is what I suspected would happen - I’m not convinced how worthwhile it is (for the businesses). We ate out for the first time yesterday. It was my husbands birthday and decided to have lunch at a local independent cafe. The lunch was nice but not nice enough for us ever to pay full price for it - we won’t be back there.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

It must depend on where you are again as we got turned away from places on Thursday and Friday last week (I have a voucher to use.. that wasn’t the reason though - we didn’t get in the door despite online saying they have tables available). It was pizza express both nights, they had so many tables empty with dirty plates on them that I can’t help but think this is exactly why they’re struggling so much as a chain. They’re not helping themselves!

We would have happily waited in the car for 15 minutes or so while they cleaned and then let us in (even half hour!) but there was no option it was a straight “no we have no room”. No one went in after us either (we went elsewhere and could see the entrance).

I think all these places are going to really suffer from next week onwards though
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
It must depend on where you are again as we got turned away from places on Thursday and Friday last week (I have a voucher to use.. that wasn’t the reason though - we didn’t get in the door despite online saying they have tables available). It was pizza express both nights, they had so many tables empty with dirty plates on them that I can’t help but think this is exactly why they’re struggling so much as a chain. They’re not helping themselves!

We would have happily waited in the car for 15 minutes or so while they cleaned and then let us in (even half hour!) but there was no option it was a straight “no we have no room”. No one went in after us either (we went elsewhere and could see the entrance).

I think all these places are going to really suffer from next week onwards though
Most strange 🤔 maybe they were short staffed or just feeling disgruntled as their jobs are under threat, but to turn customers away is very silly indeed when they had room.

Edited at 08:13 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Another EOHO for me & a friend with a nice brunch today 😋
£7.15 for 2 small fry ups a tea & a latte
Thanks Rishi
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Booking up for September now 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List