Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
No idea what people were expecting. I've been watching this thread for the past few days wondering why some people were getting so excited as if today was going to be a Disney version of Christmas Day. I thought I was missing something.

People are aware that there are currently no dining plans available at WDW, with no stated date for their return. There was no way Disney was going to announce the eagerly-anticipated return of dining plans by including free dining in their UK package release today.

The same with FP+. It won't suddenly appear again by being included in UK tickets being bought 18 months in advance.

I've checked a few like-for-like deals on Attraction Tickets comparing dates I'm eyeing for this Summer with the same dates next Summer - resorts like the Beach Club, Gran Destino at Colorado Springs, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. In each case next year is more expensive but probably not much more than I'd expect given standard price inflation.

Yes, a lot of Disney "perks" are not what they were, but we already knew that. I never expected Disney to slash hotel prices accordingly. If on-site isn't for you, or is too expensive to just doesn't represent value for money, you have a wealth of other options.
I don't think anyone was actually expecting Disney to offer free dining at this time. Or any other offer to 2022. I think (hope!) people knew that Disney would start packages and stays for 2022 at the full price first and then maybe add an offer later in the year - like they've always done.

I think people are simply excited because tickets and hotels for 2022 are now available. Disney fans get excited whenever any little change or tiny bit of news happens.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I don't think anyone was actually expecting Disney to offer free dining at this time. Or any other offer to 2022. I think (hope!) people knew that Disney would start packages and stays for 2022 at the full price first and then maybe add an offer later in the year - like they've always done.

I think people are simply excited because tickets and hotels for 2022 are now available. Disney fans get excited whenever any little change or tiny bit of news happens.
Again - absolutely understand the second paragraph, but there's lots of somewhat misplaced hope leading up to today, followed up by some virtual gnashing of teeth today at the supposed "deals"!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
What will be interesting is once it’s loaded on the Disney site whether they have a gift card. ATD and TUI have gift cards. Disney don’t traditionally do that at this point. If they do offer a giftcard now then just speculating that I’d take that as a good sign there won’t be further offers for 2002. Let’s hope no giftcard with Disney yet
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Which Disney website are you using please.

Thanks
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Which Disney website are you using please.

Thanks
Most are looking here I believe: attractiontickets/en...-resort-hotels

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Oh, I absolutely get people wanting to start thinking about, and even booking, a holiday for 2022 when - please god - there WILL be worry-free travelling again.

I'm just not sure it was in any way realistic for there to be, for example, a free dining offer when Disney themselves have given no indication that Dining Plans are on the way back.
I didn’t for a minute think free dining would be offered, it wasn’t a deal breaker for us anyway. I didn’t really expect anything, it was just as 2021 starts to become more of a maybe, it would be nice to have something else in the plans. I am maybe hoping to see some more hotels opening.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Yes ATD. Nothing on disneyworld/ or disneyholidays/walt-disney-world/yet.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kaiser7 View Post
I know some people love the Disney bubble, but surely there’s zero incentive to staying on-site these days?! Some brilliant off-site options in what some would argue is better accommodation for a quarter of the price!
Hopefully things change🤞but this is what I've been thinking. I was looking at a friend's photo of their hotel room (Rosen) and although it can be difficult to judge just from a photo, there didn't seem to be a massive difference between Disney value and arguably moderate rooms.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

it's on there now (disney website!)
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Aurora2018 View Post
it's on there now (disney website!)
THANK YOOOU x
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List