Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 May 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Proud to wear my Ears

Now tv

I’m a bit of a technophobe so have always just renewed our sky contract but they are asking silly money to renew this time. I’m therefore looking at other options. Is now Tv any good? Sport and Netflix are really all I want.
Thanks in advance.
Kenbrook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Now TV are fine, they are a cheaper version of Sky.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Feel the same getting far too expensive now. Mine for basic + kids + HD is £70. Rang them and they offered to reduce to £68. A new customer with the same package would be £39.

Looking at options but have to give 31 days notice for TV apparently.
Old 10 May 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

now tv offers three main options, sport which is sky sports channels, entertainment so sky one etc, or cinema which gives you sky cinema channels, ie i dont think you can get netflix via now.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kenbrook View Post
I’m a bit of a technophobe so have always just renewed our sky contract but they are asking silly money to renew this time. I’m therefore looking at other options. Is now Tv any good? Sport and Netflix are really all I want.
Thanks in advance.
We used to have Now Tv it’s owned by Sky anyway, no contract, not as easy to use though 😬
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not sure where these prices are coming from
With offers basic (Entertainment and Box sets now called signature pack) is around £25 and kids is £5 extra , only way I can see these prices are so high is with phone line and fibre too.
I’d suggest a word with retentions “cancel TV “ option.

Edited at 08:46 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hi

Sorry to be patronising but Netflix is a separate thing from NowTv; i.e. different subscriptions. (You may be able to access Netflix app via the NowTV, but you need to pay Netflix separately.) We get our Netflix through Virgin TV, but as above we need to subscribe directly with Netflix to get it.

If you don't want the Now TV entertainment package, and only the Sport on NowTV, I'd see if they're offering any deals now.

I had the Entertainment Package and Sky Movies via NowTV and I cancelled them when I wasn't watching them much and they were getting more expensive. At the beginning of lockdown last year I took out a 6 month combined package. When this came to an end I actually cancelled the Entertainment and Movies (after confirming about 4 times that I really wanted to.) I then took out a favourable new customer deal when one came along. This is due to expire soon and although I've been offered the same continued price for the Movies I'm thinking of cancelling Movies and Entertainment as I haven't really been using either in recent times.

I also have Netflix, which I'm getting better use from at the moment.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Basset
Imagineer

it depends oil what device you have.

It could be that at the moment you have the Netflix app on the Sky Box.

Now TV is basically the 3 main Sky packages , or just one of you want , streamed via broadband rather than received from a satellite dish,

You can either buy a Now TV box (frequently comes with a free month of a subscription) or just install the app on a smart TV , Apple TV even a games console. (help.nowtv/article/what-...e-to-watch-now)

Without any offers I think Sky Sports on NOW tv is about 33 a month and then netflix on top of that.
Basset is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DH has Now TV for sport. Each time the contract is coming to an end he cancels it and receives a good offer, basically at the same price as the one just ended.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We left Sky last year as we didn't want to be tied in. We now use Disney+, stream programmes on our smart tv and have Netflix and Now. We also have BT sport through our old Sky box. With Now tv we subscribe to different offers as we feel like it. We've currently got an offer on Entertainment till August and have just cancelled the Sky Sport offer for £20 as that was coming to an end. It did offer us it again for £19.99 for a few months but as the football season is coming to an end we have cancelled and will see what offers we can get later in the year.