Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Oct 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a 32 night group L 7 seat suv booked with Avis for December 4th, the cost is £770, booked in January through BA.

I bet their gagging to cancel that one😬
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Toria - contact Andy at DFCH on his email, andy@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk - give him your details, dates, pick up et al., and ask him for an offline quote. At the moment, based on Andy halving a friends £2k quote, I believe he's your best option. If your price reduces, contact Andy and he'll reflect that change. There's no deposit to pay until closer to your trip. Andy also offers free sat nav hire, you pay only postage.
Andy has just come back with a quote we are happy with for a 12 seater and i've emailed him back to secure. It's more than we wanted to pay but 2K less than the quotes I was getting.
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

It is crazy! I've been quoted over £1.5k for Toyota corolla or similar for 14 days end July/early Aug 2022. I can easily Uber several journeys a day for less.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Andy never got back to me or my hubby we managed to get a deal offsite day after arrival for our Nov trip but crazy prices for our Feb hol

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
norfmancblue
Gone all Goofy

Just booked with Andy at Discountfloridacarhire for April.
Intermediate SUV, online price of £2,700
Booked offline quote for £598
More than I normally pay for a convertible, but it is what it is.
Thanks Andy

Edited at 12:09 PM.
norfmancblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by norfmancblue View Post
Thanks Andy
Wow what a great price, I messaged Andy few days ago, I'm guessing he's super busy. Hope he can get a similar price as we have one booked for £1200 at moment 😮
Old 23 Oct 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
liamfletch
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Can't recommend messaging Andy at discountfloridacarhire.co.uk enough. Saved over £1000 on a booking for May 2022. Probably spend all that on snack now though 🤣
liamfletch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m looking for feb 2022 - gone £600 minimum for a week! I paid £400 with the young driver package back in 2016, it’s absolutely crazy (and only £90 in spain in 2019)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by norfmancblue View Post
Thanks Andy
Do you mind me asking which provider that's with? We have a decent price (775) through andy for suv but it's with Budget. I've only ever used alamo and would have preferred them but their prices were through the roof. Our 775 is the gold package.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Do you mind me asking which provider that's with? We have a decent price (775) through andy for suv but it's with Budget. I've only ever used alamo and would have preferred them but their prices were through the roof. Our 775 is the gold package.
Hi Toots, can only speak from experience, Budget always fine for us, good motors. Unless flying into Ft Myers we only take a one day/one way hire to get to/from Bokeelia. Apparently their transponder prices are high, but as there's only one (easily avoidable) toll in our area it doesn't affect us.

I always smile when I see your name as that was my nickname for years when I was in the RAF, there was so many Christine's in our WRAF block the lasses decided I should be called Toots!