Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wishuponastar View Post
It definitely a hard decision to make. We have worn masks since the beginning and so has our daughter plus she has done loads of tests. I didn’t even think about mask wearing being a problem in DLP. We have just come back and I honestly struggled. My DH and DD were fine.
If I had to wear it outdoor in Florida like in DLP i do t think I would go in May.
I’m more worried about that day 3 test they need to take after landing😬
That’s what I thought, I wear a mask in work and am fine. We also live in Wales so have to wear them here too. I just cannot do that to a 3 year old. I think the 3 day test should be ok, if I am doing it for her. Did you have a nice time? We did look at DLP but again the masks put us off.

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by su708 View Post
We've just changed to Mexico too 😁
Ooohh which hotel did you pick? We’ve seen the dreams Isla mujeres

Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBobby View Post
Can totally understand why you've cancelled, I dont dig wearing a mask but I do so due to the laws here in Wales & the fact I'm also immunosuppressed, I just flatly refuse to pay out £100s of pounds to go on holiday so that I have to wear a mask, I'll just wait my time.
We live in wales too, it’s so frustrating. I wear a mask in work so having to do it on holiday would really pee me off 😂 I was looking at a lot of places to see where the mask rules were relaxed and Mexico sounded the best

Old 28 Oct 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

My brother just came back from Mexico and had a great time. He isn't vaccinated yet but there were no mask mandates at all and no checks on vaccination status anywhere. He said life was pretty much normal there
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
My brother just came back from Mexico and had a great time. He isn't vaccinated yet but there were no mask mandates at all and no checks on vaccination status anywhere. He said life was pretty much normal there
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Other countries have a higher age to wear a mask (5/6 I think is most, I'm sure Spain last year was 11) only US insist from age 2.
Spain is 6 and over

Wearing masks is being made compulsory in Spain both indoors and out in public if social distancing is not possible. Only children under six and people with health issues are exempt from the law

Including in school.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Spain is 6 and over

Wearing masks is being made compulsory in Spain both indoors and out in public if social distancing is not possible. Only children under six and people with health issues are exempt from the law

Including in school.
Thanks Tinks. I'm sure Ryan Air over was 11. DD was 11 and wore one and boy in front was 11 but didn't.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Thanks Tinks. I'm sure Ryan Air over was 11. DD was 11 and wore one and boy in front was 11 but didn't.
No idea about flights but once you hit Spanish airport it's six and over

Looks like it's very airline dependant

Easyjet said: “In line with the guidance, all passengers including children aged six and over will be required to wear a mask.”

However, if you are unable to wear a face mask for medical reasons then you will be exempt from doing so.

This is “as long as you have a medical exemption letter from a doctor stating that you cannot wear a face mask (which must be available on request for airport staff and crew to see) and also that you are fit to fly.”

If you are flying with Ryanair, then children under 12 do not need to wear face masks.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I have been to Spain , Italy and Ibiza in the last month.
Easy Jet very strict
Ryanair - more easy going

Benidorm - hardly saw a mask
Ibiza - more strict
Italy - very strict

Cruise - rather strict - but I was eating and drinking 24/7 so no mask unless walking
Stitchesmumanddad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
I have been to Spain , Italy and Ibiza in the last month.
Easy Jet very strict
Ryanair - more easy going

Benidorm - hardly saw a mask
Ibiza - more strict
Italy - very strict

Cruise - rather strict - but I was eating and drinking 24/7 so no mask unless walking
Really?

Was that tourists or locals because as I type, that region are reporting case rises from tourists, but mask compliance was good. Off to check news