Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jan 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Anyone done just a day at a Disney park

Don’t need the full 14 days in Disney but just wanted a day ticket has anyone done that and where is best to buy a ticket thanks
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Plenty do. To purchase, either use a VPN to access the US Disney site or use a reputable US retailer like Undercover Tourist. Although worth noting that a 1 day ticket is very expensive compared to the per day cost of a 14 day ticket. Just preparing you for the sticker shock.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

I plan to do one day at MK this summer only. I've seen tickets in undercover tourist that seem okay.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by CCFCRJ View Post
I plan to do one day at MK this summer only. I've seen tickets in undercover tourist that seem okay.
We’ve used them in the past and hope to buy 2 x 2 day tickets for our DD and her future DH for this July and also 2 x 1 day tickets for our DSs who just want to do Star Wars at HS.
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you just had a look at under cover tourist it has given me and idea what to do now
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

We are just back from a 9 day trip staying at universal and did 1 day at Hollywood studios.

4 of us and 3 already had 1 day left on our original no expiry tickets which we used, purchased the other from undercover tourist as an e ticket which they sent straight away.

We paid for genie plus and individual lightning lane for ROTR but still didn’t manage to do every ride.

ROTR and slinky dog were both down most of the day we were there.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Merrykerry
Earning More Ears

I also plan to do just one day at Magic Kingdom in May. We are focussing mostly on universal but still want our disney day whilst we are nearby! I don't think you can buy them from the UK (but please correct me if that's wrong,) so are prepared to just take the hit and buy one day tickets when we arrive!
Merrykerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Depends on time of year but the Halloween party is not a bad thing to book to get one day in Disney.
Entry from 2 pm - 2 am was quite a cost saving compared to single day tickets.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merrykerry View Post
I also plan to do just one day at Magic Kingdom in May. We are focussing mostly on universal but still want our disney day whilst we are nearby! I don't think you can buy them from the UK (but please correct me if that's wrong,) so are prepared to just take the hit and buy one day tickets when we arrive!
You can buy them from Undercover Tourist in advance and I'd recommend it rather than showing up on the day, as MK may be booked out if crowds are high when you go.

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Depends on time of year but the Halloween party is not a bad thing to book to get one day in Disney.
Entry from 2 pm - 2 am was quite a cost saving compared to single day tickets.
Sadly these are the old timings and prices. The new Boo Bash was only 9-12 with entry from 7, and cost more than a day ticket. I can't see them going back to the closing the park early parties, think After Hours are here to stay.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

I’d definitely recommend buying in advance from undercover tourist. If you already have a magic band you can assign the ticket to that and walk straight into the park rather than waiting at the gate. If you don’t have a magic band then you can assign to your iPhone (in passbook) and use that way.

If you’re going to do genie+ then you can also buy that at 7am and book your first ride, but you cannot do that if you haven’t got a ticket.

Currently you also have to pre-book a park (you cannot just turn up) and to pre-book you need a ticket. During busy times the days sell out.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List