Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
Made low carb banana bread today. 1st loaf was made with buckwheat and worked fine. The 2nd batch I made with coconut flour and it was a disaster 🤣.

I have sliced the 1st batch and frozen it as individual pieces with the plan being that I can have a slice each weekend.
Good plan. I made low carb blueberry scones. Really nice.

Last weekend I did raspberry cheesecake scones which everyone liked more but today’s were still good.

I had one and managed to squirrel 2 away in the freezer, Ds and Dh were more than happy to eat the others.

simplefunketo/blog/r...eesecakescones
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
1st day back at the gym yesterday and it felt good to be back in the routine again.

Food wise, I had a good day yesterday and have planned for today. Weekends are usually my weakest point - I can stay on plan all week then crash at the weekends so changing this behaviour pattern would be a breakthrough.

Have a happy Sunday everyone x
After a great week getting out for walks and eating well I have given in to my weakness over the weekend, stuffed myself like a pig and felt disgusting afterwards and have ruined my good week. Why do I do it? Seem to be on a path of self destruction. Anyway, another week another try. I did get out for a walk today despite my failure.

I’ve decided I’m going to do myself a daily checklist to physically tick off and literally take it day by day:

Don’t pull (trich)
Get out for a walk despite the weather
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snack

And nothing inbetween! Have a good week all 😃
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Several generations in my family that have twisting hair habits, but as there is no pulling its not a trich (I think). I am aware of it, and I guess we have some form of compulsive tendencies as my dad, I and my son do it when stressed.

Did very low impact walk at home video before work, listening to podcast. Can't wait for the days to get longer so I can get out in the park before work! I start at 7:30 most mornings so it is very dark still

Have a great walk all

Thanks for the recipe!

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

What's your meal plan today?

B sourdough, Philadelphia, salmon
L meditterenian rice bowl with chicken
D Hairy Dieters Jalfrezi
Snack probably some form of greek yoghurt smoothie with spinach & banana & pineapple
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I had the first and second pinch of nom book, kept the recipes I cooked and loved in my recipe folder. Purchased the quick and easy book recently - will cook something from it next week. The latest one is the only one I don't have! The Slimming eats book sounds good too.

But I am going to resist buying new books until I declutter the books I have. Currently going through them, keeping some, taking pages with recipes form others that I plan to cook and giving some away
Old 11 Jan 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I have so many recipe books, some I use a lot and others not so much, DS has coeliac disease too so I always have to adapt recipes to make them gluten free.
Meal plan for today is :
B - porridge scoop of low sugar choc spread, banana and blueberries
L - toast
D- hunters chicken pie & mixed veg
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I had the full hairy dieters range and recently and cut out all my favorites, few that I hope to cook and got rid of the books. Trying to organize family recipe folders - 1 with to cook recipe and one with favorites. And all my favorites, organized by key ingredient so it's easy to find. I promised myself not to get any new books before I finish sorting out the books I have! I LOVE cooking
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

For me today:

B - skipped (tut tut)
L - scrambled egg on toast
D - sweet & spicy meatballs from the pinch of nom comfort food book. Made the sauce at lunch so good to go.

Also did a 5k walk at lunch 💪🏻
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Today -

B - Greek yoghurt & blueberries
L - Homemade roasted butternut squash soup
D - Cheese & ham omelette, salad

But no exercise😢
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

B - egg white vegies omelette
L - rice & chicken & veggies bowl
D- quesadillas with side salad and home made salsa & quac

Scale is down 4.3kg since 26th of December but actual weight loss is probably about 2kg or less for the 2 and half weeks. The rest was temporary Christmas scale weight.

Cut few of the habits too - 10 were too many things to focus on. That's my habit tracker 2.0

I was thinking is the 2200 calorie upper goal too high but I am not going to change it. Yesterday I was happy with 1600 for example but if that's the goal I will feel restricted, particularly if we have family meal planned as thai curry and I don't want to be on and off plan either. I just have to be mindful of the - I am not hungry, but I am going to eat it anyway as I have calories left. It's upper goal - not a target

Edited at 08:23 AM.