Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Jan 22, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Fuertaventura

Finally took the plunge and booked.

Any tips or things to do are good as not been to fuertaventura before.

it's been a while since I went to Spain / canary Islands so a few questions

Found this, is there a better site for covid info? Have downloaded the app for health info. travelsafe.spain.info/en/

We have always taken cash, can I use my card now in most places or is cash still the best option (do I need more than a token few)

What's best regarding phones and data now we have to pay again?

Not going to book any tests till just before we go in case things change.

Edited at 11:06 AM.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshiredad
Excited about Disney

We went there for the first time last summer.
Stayed in Castillo de Fuste which is fairly central and only a short journey from the airport.
We rented a car for a few days (do this in advance if you can, definitely not cheap to do last minute as we discovered) which meant we could travel up to Correlejo which has some nice beaches, shops/restaurants, as well as the nearby dunes which are worth checking out.
Did whale/dolphin watching in Morro Jable which is toward the south of the island and is more popular with Europeans, Germans in particular.
Oasis Wildlife Park was really good too.
These are just the things we did, i'm sure there's loads of other excursions. I know you can hop over to Lanzarote for a day trip for example.
We took some euros with us but just used credit cards for the most part.
Not too sure about the phone data as there was no roaming charges when we traveled.
thecheshiredad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have been a regular visitor since the very early 90s and love this island.
It’s very quiet and relaxing, public transport is great and easy to use.
Always stayed in Caleta and like the closeness to the airport but have ventured to the capital and north.
Water park is good, in the north.
Still not tried Oasis Park but is on my list for September.
Very friendly island and feel safe walking around at night.
Pm if there is anything else you need to know.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We just returned from Corralejo a few days ago. Absolutely loved it! Join the FB group Fuerte Flights Expert and Marie will answer any flights/locator forms/covid tests questions you might have - she’s wonderful!
What resort are you staying and when are you going? That might help with tips. The water park is rumoured to open in April but there is uncertainty because it hasn’t been open a few years now with restrictions, just so you are aware.
We mostly used card in restaurants, cash in bars for guidance.
We didn’t bother with a car as we were only there for a week and it was over New Year so we were just happy with a sun lounger, pool, nice beach and some nice restaurants!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We last went to Corralejo about 4 years ago. I really liked the resort (there was a lovely restaurant called Tuxedos atop the shopping centre and apart from having to use the shopping centre toilets (!) it was a very good meal and ambiance. Would definitely go again if we go back to Fuerteventura.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

We have booked corralejo, and will be going well before April. But waterparks are not our thing. More likley to walk to the volcanos tbh.

I have no desire to drive. If we visit other resorts/towns it will be by bus se have done on other islands.

I will lookup the fb group thanks.

Good to know cards are accepted! I may just take some cash out when I get there to top up the bit I have.

I've looked and bt still do Europe roaming included. So that is for for me.

Quote looking forward to our tbh.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

As for phone data, quite a few network providers have held off applying roaming charges. My talk talk( O2) hasn't charged me, I ch cked before leaving and got text as I arrived. And got a 3 SIM as back up and that's not charging for roaming. Check with your provider .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Has anyone walked to the volcanos from corralejo?