Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Disney terms that you end up using in real life...

Posting in a couple of threads got me thinking. Do you and your family have Disney terms that you use in every day life? A couple that spring to mind for me are:
  • Crush Queuing
    Stems from DLP where the only real way to ride Crush's coaster was to run to the queue from extra magic hours rope drop. Since Crush was the destination for everyone at EMH you needed to be at the front, with ticket ready and run! Great fun. We tend to use this term meaning "you need to be up, fed, with all your stuff and ready to go or we will miss our slot/parking/flight/dentist etc"
  • Sandwich day
    One of the two typical days we have in Disney. Disney in the morning, chill in the middle, Disney in the evening - just like a sandwich. We use this term to mean a similar thing "Activity in the morning, then relax, out again in the evening"
  • Filling day
    The opposite to a Sandwich day. Rest in the morning, Disney in the middle, lightweight evening (usually a TS and early night). In daily life this is usually a "day off", i.e. a lie in, essential jobs, slum around in the evening.
  • Rope drop
    The art of being at Disney not only when it opens but hopefully at the front near the cast member "dropping" the rope) ready to rock and roll... Usually we say this when we mean that we want to be somewhere at its opening time.

Any terms you use for planning or Disney that leak into daily life? Might make a start of a glossary as im getting lost with a lot of new acronyms too.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I use rope drop all the time. Rope dropped M&S the other day.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We use Rope drop and fast pass a lot.
Took my 12 year old daughter to walk-in centre for her vaccine as the online booking wasn’t accepting her.
Arrived for rope drop 8.30 for 9am opening, 4th in the queue. Then the folks with appointments turned up and we were bumped down the queue about 10 spaces. She was commenting about fast pass folks bumping the rope droppers down the queue. The couple in the queue in front of us seemed to know what we were talking about so I couldn’t help but think they had Disney training too!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

My eldest DD made a joke to me about wishing we had Fastpasses when we went shopping last summer and had to queue to get into a number of shops! Primark had the longest queue although in fairness it did move more quickly than I’d imagined! DD also sometimes puts on this really posh voice and pretends she’s super rich (something her & her friends do to each other at school). We were looking in the window of a very expensive jewellery shop looking at diamond rings/necklaces etc when she suddenly piped up “Mummy, for goodness sake, we deserve them. Daddy won’t mind one bit so do let’s use his account!” A lady standing near us gave us a very funny look - nothing could be further from the truth! 😃
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Forever Bean is our go to phrase.
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We quite often discuss the inclement weather and precipitation! Having always gone to Disney in July and August we are used to plans being disrupted by incoming precipitation!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post

When we have something secret that we aren’t telling people we say “We don’t talk about Bruno” 🤷😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
When we have something secret that we aren’t telling people we say “We don’t talk about Bruno” 🤷😂
I can’t stop singing this song!
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We "Rope Drop" Chester Zoo all the time, they actually do have a rope, they don't drop it, but most definitely have a rope...!
It's a constant reminder of Animal Kingdom...
We grab a coffee and wait patiently near the rope before official opening time.. Love it. My DD8 doesn't understand the little in jokes between me and the DW, but she will... come August when we hit AK at Rope Drop on Sunday 21st...
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

single digits, My DD friends were confused when she was talking about the single digits for her holiday. And she didn't even mentioned the dance bit
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List