Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I will make the cookies later today.

I am making this now and it smells divine!
bbc/food/recipes/h..._crumble_30931

first time so not sure if it's actually yet, new recipe to us
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Oh, I might have to read through this thread. I’m hopefully taking a bit of unpaid leave from work soon for a variety of reasons and during that time I really want and need to make a difference to my health. It’s great to have people to share it all with. Am just trying to plan my approach now so I can hit the ground running so to speak (I can’t imagine actual running will feature for a while yet!)
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I will make the cookies later today.

I am making this now and it smells divine!
bbc/food/recipes/h..._crumble_30931

first time so not sure if it's actually yet, new recipe to us
Looks lovely but too high carb for me 😢

Hope the cookies turn out well.

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Oh, I might have to read through this thread. I’m hopefully taking a bit of unpaid leave from work soon for a variety of reasons and during that time I really want and need to make a difference to my health. It’s great to have people to share it all with. Am just trying to plan my approach now so I can hit the ground running so to speak (I can’t imagine actual running will feature for a while yet!)
It does make a difference having somewhere to share everything. I’ve had to make loads of changes after being diagnosed diabetic last month, it’s been a confusing journey but getting there.
No running for me either yet so you are in good company.
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I made attempt to run few years ago, managed to run 5 mile race and I retired from running after. It did not suit me at all.

It's nearly all carbs with bit of fat from the nuts and coconut oil, really not low carb friendly.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Menu and workout plans for the day?

Me - walks and cleaning
Breakfast - avocado toast with egg
Lunch - salad with roast chicken
Dinner - Hiary Dieters Bolognese

Snacks to be decided but I have left over (not much, the lads got to it) apple crumble, I made my chocolate orange balls again and I could also have smoothie if I want. Not everything obviously but choice

Very short walk in the morning and bit of tidy - 5k steps done. By the time I finish with cleaning in the evening, I will do bit at lunch and bit at dinner - it will be 5k steps for sure.

Edited at 09:48 AM.
Old 21 Jan 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
10.5k steps done this morning around the park with a friend.

Sun is shining, even if it’s freezing, loving the fact I’ve dropped a Friday from work this year.

Breakfast - blueberry scone
Lunch -tuna salad.
Dinner - out tonight - fancying the seafood cioppino as it looks a good low carb option.

Happy Friday
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy Friday indeed!

B - slim fast shake
L - cous cous and roasted veg
D - piri piri chicken

Completed my second week of couch 2 5k today and feeling good. I even did an Emily Sky strength workout the other day and enjoyed that. I used to do them religiously but haven’t recently so it felt good. I have got a problem with my arm (since having the Covid jabs) that’s limiting me a bit but couldn’t get to “see” the doctor until 1st Feb.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

We have people over tomorrow and I will have my mexican themed meal tomorrow

Dinners for the week, in no particular order
Pinch of nom creamy garlic chicken
pinch of nom nasi goreng
chicken chow main bake - ww
fish to be decided

I was not in mood this week and I didn't feel great either. No new recipes, all recipes tried and tested and easy to make for next week should help me have better week.

Breakfast & lunch same as last week

I ate in maintenance this week, which is fine but I want to a deficit and have a loss again next week. Maybe the 4th week of each month should be easier going for me and have 3 good weeks
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Aww you need to be kind to yourself.

I’ve planned all my dinners this week coming from old easy favourites and my Ds and Dh are out at the football so I got a green Thai curry from M&S for tea (10g of carbs) which I will have with cauliflower rice to save me cooking.

We can’t be expected to be on it all the time, this healthy business is hard work.
Old 22 Jan 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
alldayidreamaboutfood/lo...kfast-cookies/

They are lovely. I used vanilla extract instead of the liquid stevia and I didn’t put the glaze on. I froze them, defrost and heat for 5 minutes to have a cosy breakfast.

Are they as good as Mary Bery lemon and poppyseed tray bake - no but pretty exceptional for low carb and the 14 year old thinks they are great
I can confirm that they are delicous. They remind me of our first trip to California where I bought myself lemon and poppy seeds muffin for breakfast from raffys most days. So naughty!

I have no problem with carbs but prefer limit white flour & sugar intake. I used maple syrup instead of the sweetener as well.