Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Thank you all for your kind replies . I am so upset and stressed if im being honest. I know in the grand scale off things it’s only a holiday but it’s been a 3 year wait and what’s kept us all going the fact we will get back to our happy place soon. The next few weeks we have taken off are the only time we will all get together this year so can’t even look to rearrange later on year etc:-(. So gutted. I’ll give netflights a call tommorow and find out where we all stand. My husband is away until Wednesday so will need to wait until then to have the difficult conversation off what to do
Xx
Old 21 Jan 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Get well soon
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Hi I tested positive with my little girl over Christmas and was negative on lateral flows by day 6. However despite isolating away from my family the moment I tested positive with symptoms my daughter tested positive days later and nobody else did. I think if nobody else in your house is testing positive a few days after you tested positive then touch wood they will be ok and good to go and there's every chance you may also be negative by day 7. Realistically though I'd prepare for the worst and fingers crossed for you that you test negative and make your trip!
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

So sorry to hear this. It’s such a terrible situation. I’ve got COVID just now and testing positive on a lateral flow today at day 9. I fly on Wed next week and have my test on Tuesday and not sure it’ll be negative by then, my GP will thankfully do me a recovery letter as a back up if needed. (My husband didn’t get a negative until day 15/16 so it happens hence my back up plan but lots of people get a negative much quicker) It’s the other people in the house that are a worry, I didn’t get a positive until 14 days after my husband and we weren’t even trying to distance from each other. I really thought I was safe by then too. I really hope you manage to find a workaround, sending hugs. It’s so stressful a situation.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Thank you it really is so stressful:-(. The proof of recovery letter can I use this for BA in Scotland do you know? Xx
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Only one member of our family got it no one else did, we didn’t separate and had a 7 hour car journey together whilst she had it, so there a chance the others won’t get it.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

I tested positive with a very faint line on lateral flow Saturday 8th Jan, confirmed by PcR same day.
Tried to isolate but we have an open plan house so was tricky. My husband slept downstairs so we tried our best.
My husband tested positive on Sunday 16th and my daughter tested positive on Wednesday 19th.
I had to do the full 10 days as didn’t test negative and still am not today.
My husband did his 5 day test today and it was positive still.
This is just our experience of covid but no one can predict what will happen. I’m so sorry it’s such a stress for you.
I really hope they avoid it and you get away.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Thank you it really is so stressful:-(. The proof of recovery letter can I use this for BA in Scotland do you know? Xx
I’m in Scotland and yes you can but my doctors will only do it because I’ll be out of the 10 day isolation period I was given by test and protect. You can obviously leave isolation earlier than that but only with 2 negative tests 24 hours apart so I guess if you have can get the negative tests then you won’t even need a recovery letter.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this. Could you change it fron 3 weeks to 2 weeks to give you an extra week to hopefully get over it?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

My nephew and his fiancée had it over Christmas and both tested negative on days 6 and 7.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List