Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Any advice on wifi free games for my dear dad 81yrs

Good afternoon everyone,

Could anyone offer any advice on buying my dad a tablet/hand held device for Christmas? He is 81yrs young and quite deaf, he lives in his own home and is extremely independent but dent understand the internet or wants to

He currently plays Tetris on an original Nintendo Gameboy and loves doing Soduku books but is struggling with his eyesight on the small games console and also reading smaller books (I managed to find him a large 3D soduku set of books so thats not too bad).

Now I was thinking of buying him a Amazon Kindle Fire and downloading games from their apps BUT, will they work in his own home (an hour from me) without Wifi? I can use my wifi to download them and set it all up...
Im not set on a Kindle but thought it may be okay... any suggestions will be greatly received.

footnote: He has a playstation but its too complicated or him so really not after a console that connects to the tv.

Thanks
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Kindle HD would do the job.

There is a whole section of offline games for it at amazon/s?k=offline+games

Edited at 03:35 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I thinks lot of the free ones have ads which need the web, but I can recommend 2048 and 1010 of he likes puzzle type games! I’m not sure if they work without wifi, but I’m sure the listing will tell.
Also bejewelled is fun, or you can probably get Tetris for a tablet!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Woody works without WiFi, I'm sure he'd enjoy that if he likes Tetris. And Solitaire.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

The free games that have ads will work without wifi, I often turn the wifi off the tablet so I don't have annoying pop ups!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

My elderly aunt and uncle enjoy the free downloaded apps like dominos, solitaire and suduko. There’s other card games (I call it hearts?) but it is under another name. I love how you can also increase text sizes and contrast colours on the ebooks for reading.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I enjoy ‘ drop 7 ‘ and ‘ drag n merge’
Both numbers games

Drop 7 is played at your own pace so might be better
Drag n merge gets more difficult and you need to be quicker as you go along
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 05:16 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm addicted to 2 Dots. It's free and doesn't need wifi. You get 5 lives and it takes 20 minutes to refresh a life.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Am addicted to pet rescue game, it's free to download and play. I used to play it on my kindle now play it on the cheap tablet I got from Argos.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List