Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
child vaccines to holiday ?

has anyone heard anything about needing vaccines to fly and enter orlando.
will adults and children need it ?
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by peter+lynne View Post
has anyone heard anything about needing vaccines to fly and enter orlando.
will adults and children need it ?
no agreements yet with the USA. We are all waiting to hear.

Its highly likely it will follow what we are hearing out of the EU etc.

Either negative test, vaccine or previous infection - but we really don't know but that is a reasonable presumption to work on.

I am presuming kids will required a negative test if vaccines are still not licensed.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’m really sorry I’m not sure I understand. Do you think there is a glimmer of hope we may be able to travel having had perhaps one part of the vaccine if we test negative?

Apologies for the ignorance just trying to find some positivity too
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
I’m really sorry I’m not sure I understand. Do you think there is a glimmer of hope we may be able to travel having had perhaps one part of the vaccine if we test negative?

Apologies for the ignorance just trying to find some positivity too
My guess would be yes, but of course we don't know yet. My kids are under 18, so I'm hoping they will either be exempt or get a negative test. They've both had covid so maybe an antibody test would suffice also?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy

Fingers crossed. Our son is 5 so is also in that category although hasn’t had COVID and hubbie and I are both in the 40-49 group so highly unlikely to have had both jabs by august. Here is hoping we all get to go
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy

And thank you
Old 21 Mar 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

As above, none of the vaccines are licensed for use on under 18's. You would therefore assume that a negative test Covid test will have to suffice for under 18's.

What type of test it will have to be remains to be seen - my GP has said lateral flow tests are somewhat inaccurate and miss a lot of cases. The PCR test is what he calls the "gold standard".

The thing that worries me is that children can carry and spread Covid-19 without getting it themselves. I know of a family who all got it earlier this month after the children returned to school. Parents had been working from home / socially distancing / following all the rules for close on a year then boom.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Actually think the stumbling block might be the "adults", not 100% but I thought that I'd read (when Cyprus & Portugal) made their announcement, that it was fully vaccinated? In which case you have to have had both ? But just listen to what "our" experts are now saying & it would have you thinking/believing that no-one is going anywhere anytime soon ! Again though it's all hyperbole because we could have all the freedoms in the world but unless Joe opens those airports for tourists...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
As above, none of the vaccines are licensed for use on under 18's. You would therefore assume that a negative test Covid test will have to suffice for under 18's.

What type of test it will have to be remains to be seen - my GP has said lateral flow tests are somewhat inaccurate and miss a lot of cases. The PCR test is what he calls the "gold standard".

The thing that worries me is that children can carry and spread Covid-19 without getting it themselves. I know of a family who all got it earlier this month after the children returned to school. Parents had been working from home / socially distancing / following all the rules for close on a year then boom.
Isn't the pfizer vaccine approved for 16+?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I have a feeling that children and certain adult groups will be exempt if a covid passport is required
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List