Old 26 Jul 21, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
How exciting. I’m off to check out TUI and Jamaica as I need a back up plan in my mind if Rhodes doesn’t happen. I’m determined to get to the sun this summer. Have a fabulous trip.
Ours was a really good deal, well I think so we ended up paying £5200 for the 4 of us, extra leg room seats on the flights, transfers, hotel rooms x2, all food and drink for 14 nights. So, per person £1,300. Last minute works out well as long as you are prepared to accept the hotels etc on offer, it's not so good if you've got your heart set on somewhere.

I hope you enjoy Rhodes. We went there on on our honeymoon and loved it. We've been to Greece, the Canaries, Turkey, and the Balearics with the kids so I know they are all great choices. But the Caribbean seemed more exciting to me.

Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
I love this! I cannot wait for tomorrow’s update! I also love your little zip up bags for your suitcase - very organised
I love the packing cubes. So easy to sort out the cases at the other end and just chuck each person's bags in a drawer.

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Oh wow...so good to read a trip report! Hope you all have a brilliant holiday x
And it was really good to write it yesterday afternoon, it made it feel more real. Thank you for the well wishes

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
Have an amazing holiday - im so excited to have a new trip report to read can’t imagine how exciting an actual holiday must be 🤣
It really is exciting, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. I just want today to go quickly!

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Everything crossed for you Abby, I hope you get to go on your holiday. You are brave to book, I've given up on overseas travel this year.

Can’t wait to read your trip report. Also can’t believe Max is nearly 17 and Kate 14 😱 However Georgia will be 21 this year and we were meant to be celebrating with a Florida trip (postponed to next year)
I have felt like time was slipping through my fingers. I didn't want to have another year pass by without a family holiday. I'm not sure if that is brave or just stubborn. The other reason I've booked at the start of the summer holidays is that we still have 3 weeks after coming back before school starts again so if the rules change we can isolate. I hope that doesn't happen, but it made me feel easier about going away. Plus I've packed a few packs of our LFTs in the case so that if any of us develop symptoms while away we can do a quick test in the hotel room.

I hope Georgia had a good year at university and it wasn't too disrupted. Gosh 21 is exciting, a shame you couldn't celebrate it in Orlando. Dave was 50 earlier this month, so we were supposed to be celebrating his 50th with the 50th celebrations over there. Ah well, it is what it is.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yeah mon.
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It really is exciting, I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. I just want today to go quickly!

I have felt like time was slipping through my fingers. I didn't want to have another year pass by without a family holiday. I'm not sure if that is brave or just stubborn. The other reason I've booked at the start of the summer holidays is that we still have 3 weeks after coming back before school starts again so if the rules change we can isolate. I hope that doesn't happen, but it made me feel easier about going away. Plus I've packed a few packs of our LFTs in the case so that if any of us develop symptoms while away we can do a quick test in the hotel room.

I hope Georgia had a good year at university and it wasn't too disrupted. Gosh 21 is exciting, a shame you couldn't celebrate it in Orlando. Dave was 50 earlier this month, so we were supposed to be celebrating his 50th with the 50th celebrations over there. Ah well, it is what it is.
I know what you mean, It has been 2 years of our children’s precious holiday time with us taken away 😢 I know that’s not the biggest issue but it still feels sad to have missed out. Still, I’m sure we will all do our best to make up for lost time and Jamaica will be a great way to start your celebrations and make memories 💞

Georgia has had a lot of disruption and missed out on a lot of uni time/life, but she’s really enjoying what she can do and making the best of it.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday 😄
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yeah mon.
In that limbo at the moment where everything is packed. Just waiting until it's time to get in the car.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I know what you mean, It has been 2 years of our children’s precious holiday time with us taken away 😢 I know that’s not the biggest issue but it still feels sad to have missed out. Still, I’m sure we will all do our best to make up for lost time and Jamaica will be a great way to start your celebrations and make memories 💞

Georgia has had a lot of disruption and missed out on a lot of uni time/life, but she’s really enjoying what she can do and making the best of it.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday 😄
Like you say many people have suffered worse but it has been hard watching my kids grow up. I'm glad to read Georgia is making the most of her uni life, even if it's not what she expected. I hope like Georgia both Max and Kate keep wanting to holiday with us.

Old 26 Jul 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I hope you have a fabulous holiday! We’ve got Jamaica booked for November and cannot wait.
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I’m super excited to follow this trip. I’ve literally just ❤️ this hotel in my Tui list after endless weeks of searching. I can’t wait to see what it’s like. We might join you!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Yahoo we're all negative.

We're going to Jamaica

Xxx

Old 26 Jul 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yahoo we're all negative.

We're going to Jamaica

Xxx
Fabulous news. I’m singing that last line for you! Have an amazing time.
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
absolutely brilliant news! Have a wonderful time
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List