Old 9 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A touch of Disney and 2 cruises in a week! Day 4 - 1st day at Liverpool

Wednesday

This morning we had an even later start - we arrived in Liverpool at around 0800 not that we were really aware of the ship docking.

We had breakfast in the Windjammer as we were too late for the MDR, the food was good but it was a little noisy so we planned to go back to the MDR for the next day. For some reason I have forgotten photos again - Rob had an omelette and I had toast and some fruit and yoghurt.

After breakfast we enquired about booking Coastal Kitchen for dinner - as we were in a Junior Suite we could only book dinner and only if they had space (but of course numbers on this cruise were so low that they had space!)

We wandered around the ship and got coffee which we drank in Two70 - I'm fairly sure we watched some performers rehearsing. We had an appointment at the ‘next cruise’ desk at 1130, not really sure what the point of booking was as we waited 20 mins past our time before someone was available, we got prices for several options (Alaska, Florida and a cruise out of Barcelona on the new ship Wonder).

Afterwards we decided it was time for a snack so we got pizza and cookies and another coffee for me!

Back to the room for a rest for a while before our North Star reservation at 1500 (which I swapped at Guest Services from 1815 to avoid having to rush for dinner).

The North Star was good, probably better in a more tropical location but the sun came out so that was good and of course it was free which helped.

After we went to the hot dog stand (Rob had a standard hot dog, I had chicken and apple), they were ok but nothing special - Rob says the Disney hot dogs were better.

We then had a go on the bumper cars - it was all adults so got quite boisterous. I got a bruise on my knee from the impact but it was good fun. I think we had 2 or 3 goes before there were people waiting and we had to get off!

After we came back to the room to get ready for dinner.

Coastal Kitchen was our favourite restaurant so far, the food was excellent as was the service.

Rob asked for the NY strip but Jose said he would bring a filet instead (which didn't appear to be on the menu)! I had Cheese tortellini which was very good.

For dessert Rob had the Royal chocolate cake with ice cream and I had a chocolate and olive oil cake with ice cream. Both were amazing!

Next up we went to watch the stars of WWRY in concert. This was another great show, although oddly a few people left part of the way through, I suppose the music was a slightly different style but there was a good variety so not sure what the deal was.

We stopped at the pub for a couple of drinks before we popped up to the top of the ship to see the city view at night (it was cold so we didn’t stay long!).

Edited at 01:29 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List