Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 31 Dec 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Crazy spreadsheet for August.

Going in August.
Family of five. 3 adults a 14 year old and a 16 year old
Eldest daughter is disabled.
As you can see we will only be doing to the parks for around 4/5 hours each day sometimes more.
We want to avoid the worst of the heat and crowds.

Have I made any silly errors ?
Is my spreadsheet insane 😬😬😬

imgur/a/zvjxtJq
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220103_112455.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	376.5 KB
ID:	65575   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220103_112546.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	65576   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220103_113229.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	65577  

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 12:34 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Try uploading it to another site like imgur rather than the Dibb photo upload. Should stop it resizing then.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I love a good spreadsheet and can’t wait to view it but unfortunately we can’t see it. I had this problem before but as said before if you could upload to a different pic hosting site and link to it we will be able to click and zoom in.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I've just tried to use Imgur the photo won't appear in my post when I try to add the link.
I miss photobucket 😃

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Here's the direct link to the image... i.imgur/MZkhxtN.jpeg

That is a very impressive spreadsheet, now to look through it!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Thankyou. I figured it out. I was struggling in my mobile but changed to desktop view and it worked fine.

Old 5 Jan 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow I love this spreadsheet - you have really inspired me, though not sure if my tech skills are quite up to this!
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

you are going a few days before we are and have a similar "pacing". The only difference we have is a rope drop park on some days, we rarely bother with disney springs (maybe go once). we are also allergic to MK at the weekend due to historical crowds and the August heat (just our opinion on previous visits), we found AK to be the nicest at weekends - HS is just a heat soaking concrete jungle when the crowds are up (we tend to go to AK/Epcot/waterparks on weekend - the waterparks are not necessarily for slides mainly for lazy rivers and relaxing)

Edited at 10:53 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Yeah . The heat is going to be hard.
Our son struggled on our last trip, he was 12 and moaned constantly 😃

That was in September 2018 and it was hot 33° most days.
We are hopeful that the first few days of early hours and then the rest of the trip heading to the parks after 4 will give us the best chance
I am going to buy cool towels, mini fans and budget for many slushys

I have got HS on two Saturday evenings 😕. We had the same feeling at HS, just boiling. The Toy story area was exhausting to walk around, we wanted to eat at Woodys but just got in and out of that area as fast as possible.

AK is our favourite park, much more our pace and vibe.

I need to add another water park morning before one evening park.

You mention that you include Epcot and Waterparks in your weekends, that seems to be against what I normally hear. A waterpark would fit nicely into one of my weekends but I haven't planned it as I assumed it would be horrendous.

My spreadsheet has been added to but park days and hours are still the same.

Old 13 Jan 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

indeed. it depends on what you want, we dont care about the slides at waterparks and have found that the lazy rivers and pools are ok. We use them simply as a change from the resort pool. The slides are usually ram packed of course. P20 factor 50 aside (not for everyone but it works for us!), the sun usually melts even the locals in August, only we crazy brits sit out in the humidity and heat...

The same with Epcot, we have found it to be the lesser of evils, MK is usually weekend packed an HS is just too hot for us. AK and Epcot are the lesser of the evils. I suppose it depends what you want out of the day, a disney weekend visit for us usually avoids headliners and go for the bits other people dont care for - the shows, lesser rides, shops, eye candy, photos etc. Then during the week when the crowds are lower we hit the rides. Since we are going for 2 weeks and a predominantly disney trip then this is possible for us. If a weekend is all you have then I suppose it is prioritise.

Edited at 12:53 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List