Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jan 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Car seats

I just rang virgin holidays to add on car seats to my booking with my flydrive.. 7 dollars a day for each car seat. We need two. That's ridiculous amounts of money as we are staying for 3 weeks 😭

I read online uk car seats cant be used in the usa. What do you guys do? Do I really have to pay that amount of money just to hire car seats?

Thanks
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had 1 included with our flydrive when we first took dd aged 2. It was ok but they weren't allowed to help us fit it. The following year when she was 3 nearly 4 we took our high back booster from home and probably did that for a good few years converting it down to a booster when she was big enough. Virgin used to have car seat bags but plenty of people take car seats in their own material bags and throw extras like nappies in the bag. We used to wrap ours in bubble wrap before putting it in the bag and take spare bubble wrap for coming home. I'm not sure I'd feel as comfortable taking a baby seat with me especially if it was their everyday seat but lots of people have purchased seats just for holiday use or even in the past picked seats up once they got there at Walmart etc (obviously this might not work if you need a car seat straight from the airport).
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

Go to collect your car and give one of the guys $20 and ask for 2 car seats.
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We always took our own, I actually looked into this and rang Graco, UK car seats go through more tests than USA car seats which is why they have a different serial number, otherwise they are the same seats
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleDot
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by ScottUTAH View Post
Go to collect your car and give one of the guys $20 and ask for 2 car seats.
Following this and my BIL swears by the above... !
LittleDot is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

ahh maybe i could bring our 4 year olds one and just hire one for our then to be one year old? Thinking about it, I wouldn't want to risk a car seat being damaged (and then unsafe) for the baby. The four year olds one is just a tall back type booster.

I did think about buying them out there (probably cheaper!) but then I realised we would indeed need them right away.

I didn't know you could give $20 and ask for 2 car seats haaa, is it one of those things that are done sneakily?
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

virginholidays/hol...idays/overview

Is this saying that when you book a fly drive you get the gold package insurance too? I am so confused and after spending 50 mins waiting to get through to virgin holidays this morning, I really don't want to do it again!

Edited at 08:42 PM.
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

We used the “Bubblebum” booster seat for our 4 year old. You blow it up and then can fold it away when not using which was great for us and we didn’t hire a car so used Uber and we could put he seat in a bag when it was deflated.

Our son is tall for a 4 year old so we were comfortable with him using a booster seat as opposed to a full car seat.
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleDot
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just to update this, we booked our car with Budget, got down to the garage and took all the bags to the car we were allocated and then walked back to the fastbreak booth and just picked up a car seat. No questions asked! Fitted in about 2 seconds and off we went!
LittleDot is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

That's great! I wonder if this can be done in other car places?