Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

Do we need to buy Genie passes?

We are going for the first time in April not doing Disney just doing Universal,Seaworld Busch gardens
I see people talk about Genie passes I assume they aren some sort f fast pass
Do we need to buy these?
If so do you buy them for every day in the parks or what wa does it work
thanks
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

If not doing disney, you won't need them, even if you were visiting disney it's your personal preference to purchase it or not.
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Purely Disney only & you would know if you were going there as you can no longer just turn up but have to book a park to get in it! Really depends how busy it is anyway but it's a bit of a "Catch 22", you might need to to beat the queues but whilst Disney will continue to take your money, Genie+ slots can run out just like FP+
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Genie+ is a Disney addon and replaces the fastpass system. Universal have express pass and seaworld and bush gardens have quick queue. Similar systems that allow you to use a different queue to cut the rides. You can buy when you are there or in advanced.

If you are going the first couple of weeks in April and over easter it is quite a busy time, and they will of course help cut down the wait. But at those parks pricing is based depending how busy it is, the busier the day the more it will cost, and they are considerably expensive.

One thing to consider if you don't already have accommodation already is spend one night at one of the premium universal hotels, it will give you free unlimited express passes for the arrival day (go straight to the hotel, get the room key even though it isn't ready, and that will be your pass) and then you can use it again on your check out day. It works out often better value than buying express passes separately.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

we are staying in a villa ... but could do a night in a universal hotel
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Nicky Express pass only comes with 3 - Royal Pacific (normally the cheapest)- Hard Rock & Portofino, it's a good deal at the right price but EP is only really "needed" when it's busy. I'm not sure that you necessarily need it if you are doing multiple days in each park.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Nicky Express pass only comes with 3 - Royal Pacific (normally the cheapest)- Hard Rock & Portofino, it's a good deal at the right price but EP is only really "needed" when it's busy. I'm not sure that you necessarily need it if you are doing multiple days in each park.
SD
we are going for 16 days and have passes for unisersal,busch seaworld auatica for 14 days so plan on doing more than 1 day in universal
Old 14 Jan 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

The thing is with Genie+, you arent guaranteed that you can use it on a busy day. Sure, there will be SOMETHING but not necessarily everything you want. I would look at some threads on here and make your mind up.

Genie+ is quite contentious to some, I for one am dead against it - my trip report after August might well have me eating humble pie if the family outvote me but we shall see
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicky35 View Post
we are staying in a villa ... but could do a night in a universal hotel
We do this and have to say we absolutely love it! Well worth it, and remember if you stay one night you have the full use of fast passes from the moment you check in so we’ll worth going very early(but remember your room won’t be ready).
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List