Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Man the only passenger on a flight to Orlando

This man flew London to Orlando with BA and found himself the only passenger. I have flewn with few passengers but never like that 😃.

apple.news/A7jxoxIw8REmseYHJVp_11w

Apologies if any posted this already (couldnt find it through search)

Edited at 07:36 PM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

How nice though I’m surprised the flight wasn’t cancelled & he was put onto another one, can’t be cost effective to fly with one passenger 🤷

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Id have been asking for a free upgrade. 😊
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My son flew to HK last year where there were about 10 passengers and he was the only one in his section. He said he wished all flights were like that 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I thought the same. Maybe they had lots of passengers to collect at MCO?
How odd though. You’d think the flights would be pretty full at the moment. It’s not long since the borders reopened
We’ve shared the PE cabin with just 2 others before which was lovely

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 08:43 PM.
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I once flew to Sydney on the A380 in an almost empty downstairs cabin. Think there were a handful of others on the entire deck. I actually switched from upstairs at check in as I saw how empty it was, and it was fantastic.

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I thought the same. Maybe they had lots of passengers to collect at MCO?
How odd though. You’d think the flights would be pretty full at the moment. It’s not long since the borders reopened
We’ve shared the PE cabin with just 2 others before which was lovely
When I flew last month, the BA crew were saying that MCO demand was massively down. And that was just as Omicron was kicking off which also triggered a wave of cancellations from nervous passengers, or those unable to fly due to testing positive.

But I agree, they must have needed the plane in MCO so it effectively became a repositioning flight.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Myself and my husband (then boyfriend) were the only passengers on a Virgin flight out of Miami on the first anniversary of 9/11. There was one other ‘passenger’ who we later learnt was an Air Marshal. We asked the crew for an upgrade and Virgin refused though we did get food from the first class cabin. We also slept across multiple rows. The flight was eerie.

The day we flew, American Airlines were selling international flights for $1. It was so surreal, the taxi driver who took us to the airport told us were were mad and kept making the sign of the cross. The airport was deserted and as we were waiting to board, they were reading out the names of all the poor souls that lost their lives on the tv screens in the terminal. One of the weirdest experience of my life!

Edited at 11:08 AM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
How nice though I’m surprised the flight wasn’t cancelled & he was put onto another one, can’t be cost effective to fly with one passenger 🤷
I can only guess they needed the plane to be in Orlando if you see what I mean.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Cargo can make a flight profitable even without pax
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I'm surprised they left him in Economy
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List