Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jan 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

St pancras- Gatwick

Has anyone used Thames link train from st pancras to Gatwick?

Travelling in April and have just booked this train.

Travelling down from north east , get to kings cross about 15.40 and booked the 16.20 train.

Has anyone used thameslink before for this service? Never done it so a bit nervous. We are travelling on a Sunday, does anyone know how busy train will be? Thanks

Edited at 08:24 PM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Many times as I live near Gatwick so it's one of my main routes to London, plus I was using Thameslink every day for my commute prior to WFH. It's a good service and shouldn't be that busy on a Sunday.

I'd say the one downside is lack of luggage storage since it's a commuter train rather than a cross country train. But it's manageable, especially when it's not busy.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

That’s brilliant. Thanks. First time travelling from Gatwick so all new to me.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I'm a Train Driver for Thameslink, head downstairs at St Pancras to the Thameslink platforms, top tip the rear coach is 1st Class and is always declassified so you don't need a 1st class ticket to sit in that area, it has bigger chairs, tables and plug & usb outlets on the underside of the seats.
I may even be driving your Train down to Gatwick
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scattle View Post
I'm a Train Driver for Thameslink, head downstairs at St Pancras to the Thameslink platforms, top tip the rear coach is 1st Class and is always declassified so you don't need a 1st class ticket to sit in that area, it has bigger chairs, tables and plug & usb outlets on the underside of the seats.
Fantastic thanks! We are travelling 10th April on the 16.24 train! I think tickets have just been released.
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Fantastic thanks! We are travelling 10th April on the 16.24 train! I think tickets have just been released.
There are often engineering works at weekends on the London to Brighton line so you might want to check the scheduled before booking as you wouldn't want to get stuck on a rail replacement bus service.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scattle View Post
Wish I had known that as we have used this route several times to get to Gatwick - still will know which carriage to look out for next time we get to travel that way.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
There are often engineering works at weekends on the London to Brighton line so you might want to check the scheduled before booking as you wouldn't want to get stuck on a rail replacement bus service.
They're doing the big engineering project with the 9 day closure over Feb half term so hopefully they will give us a break for a while after that!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Thanks, how would I find this out. I have already booked my tickets. Hopefully train is running ok 🤞
Old 18 Jan 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Thanks, how would I find this out. I have already booked my tickets. Hopefully train is running ok 🤞
MrsB, try THIS and THIS site.

They should help, if not Google engineering works