Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jan 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Ordering magic bands pre visit

Can you still do this? It doesn’t look like an option in MDE. I know they aren’t free anymore but I thought you could still order in advance? Unless I’m misunderstanding it says you have to purchase on arrival from your resort ( if you want them)
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes you can, but you need to use a VPN and log in through the US Disney site instead of the UK one.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Sounds like a faff 🙄 if not am assuming you can take existing ones and get them linked on arrival, or just buy them from your resort? Do they sell them at MCO does anyone know?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes, they sell them at MCO and also at the resorts. Existing ones will work, they link to MDE rather than your specific stay. You should be able to check in MDE whether they are still active or not.

VPN is easier than it sounds. Just need to download a VPN app (I use TunnelBear) then set it to the US. Once it's connected, go to the US Disney website and go into MDE as normal. Link to order should then appear. Once the order is complete, disconnect the VPN.

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Old 18 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m using TunnelBear to check the selection each day now.Has become part of my routine. I still smile everytime the bear comes out of the tunnel in the USA and roars - it’s the little things 😀
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Well, who knew! Just downloaded the tunnelbear app and had a nosy at the magic bands available in the uS site. If you order does it just get charged to the card linked to MDE? ( sorry, I’m so out of practice with all this- steered clear of any planning until I thought it was an actual possibility that we would actually go!)
Endless Summer 2023
Old 18 Jan 22, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes it does. Works just like when you chose them for free before, you order and then collect at reception when you arrive.

You can't change or cancel an order once placed though, so I would hold off ordering for a bit unless you're certain of which bands you want. But at least you know you can now.
Old 18 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Thanks so much for this- very useful, and like you say very straightforward- even for a complete Luddite like me! 😂
Endless Summer 2023
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
deebee_7
I have Ears

I purchased 4 magicbands 2 weeks ago (via VPN). I got an e-mail with the confirmation of the purchase. But i cannot see them in MDE? How do i link them? And can i do this pre arrival?
I noticed that in the confirmation email i received after the purchase there is a button 'manage magicbands'. But when i select this nothing happens.
deebee_7 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deebee_7 View Post
I purchased 4 magicbands 2 weeks ago (via VPN). I got an e-mail with the confirmation of the purchase. But i cannot see them in MDE? How do i link them? And can i do this pre arrival?
I noticed that in the confirmation email i received after the purchase there is a button 'manage magicbands'. But when i select this nothing happens.
Have you received the second order complete email yet? This is when the band's should show up. You assign them at ordering stage though so you don't need to do anything to link them.