Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Apr 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile Gatwick long stay leaving later than booked

I booked Gatwick long stay car park a while back and stupidly just entered the times I thought we would be arriving and leaving. Arriving at 3pm staying overnight then leaving 8am.

I now think we will be arriving a bit later nearer 6-7pm and we are now probably going to get a day room at the Bloc.

I went on to update/amend the booking and it wants £27 extra as the price has gone up even though I’m not booking any extra time.

Has anybody got any experience with arriving and leaving at different times than booked?
Logically as I’ve booked 16days I’m hoping they just record the time we enter and leave and as long as that not over the 16 days we should be ok. Or would this be too easy?
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I don’t think it matters that you arrive later than planned but if you were planning to leave at 8am and now want to stay until much later on your return day, you will get charged. Most airport car parks allow a little extra (an hour I was told at Manchester) but after that you will be charged at the hourly rate.

It may be worth checking out how much extra at the hourly rate it will cost you, and decide whether it’s worth paying the £27 in advance or if the hourly rate is cheaper, pay on the day.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, yes that’s what I thought. We will probably want to leave around 2pm so 6 hrs after I’ve currently booked.
Will have to call them and ask.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

gatwickairport/parki...arking-prices/

The link above may be useful. Six hours seem to be £26 but over six hours is £40, so it may be worth paying the advance charge
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
gatwickairport/parki...arking-prices/

The link above may be useful. Six hours seem to be £26 but over six hours is £40, so it may be worth paying the advance charge
But they are in the long stay so it is not as much.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
But they are in the long stay so it is not as much.
Ah I see, I thought the hourly rate would be the same after the initial time booked. Definitely worth them ringing to find out then
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought the long stay worked on a day rate?

Could be wrong, but when we were delayed in the past there was no additional charge.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

So I have since found out that the full day rate for the long stay is £25. So not worth paying in advance.
And yes it does work on a date rate so without staying it on the website basically as long as we don’t go over the day we should be fine.
Going to ring them tomorrow to double check.
Just a bit frustrating really, had o known I would of just booked the full time in the first place to be on the safe side.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Incase it helps anybody else I phoned up today and as long as you don’t go over your 24 hours period, so in my case arrive at 3pm leave by 3pm I won’t be charged anymore. 😀