Notices

Old 6 Feb 13, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mr Grumpy and Little Miss Disney Freak's Ultimate Magical Adventure - Feb 2013 (PRE-TRIP)

Hi all,

This is my first ever pre trip report so fingers crossed it all makes sense

Here goes;

THE CAST:

Hannah (27) Avid Disney and Lego plane spotting freak - 3rd time

Andy (32) Train, Bus, Plane spotter who loves Ewoks and R2D2 - 1st time

Me and Andy met back in 2009, when I first started working on the railway during my conductor training. When I first met him, I wasn't interested whatsoever and told him that, but somehow over a few months of just hanging out, I fell pretty hard for him and now we have been together nearly 4 years, so it's all good

We are polar opposites but it works awesomely! What I mean by this, is it took me 18 months to convince him Disneyland Paris was a good idea, got him there and on the return, he asked if we could go again sometime, got him, hook, line and sinker, even though I had months of him moaning before hand saying he wasn't going to like it etc etc! Men hey? LOL (Although for some reason, he prefers the parades and It's a Small World! to all the rides. Weirdo haha!)

It has then taken a further 18 months to convince him that Orlando would be a great idea! Eventually after years of please, please, PLEASING on my behalf, he caved in! But only once he realised that Daytona wasn't that far from Orlando and me agreeing we could go to see a NASCAR race! Luckily, I don't mind it, so that's a bonus!

Anyway we booked DIY about a year ago, and I have been counting down ever since! Andy on the other hand, doesn't 'get excited' as I put it, he prefers to stay realistic in all senses, so I get a half hearted 'I'm looking forward to it' but I bet underneath he is and just doesn't know how to express it, he sees getting excited as an 'alien concept', go figure!

So we are going for 22 nights, 23 if you count the night before at the airport! Decided on 3 weeks, because all I got was this will be the only time from Mr Grumpy, haha, in his dreams! If DLP can do it, I'm sure Orlando can definitely convince him that this will be the first of many Ultimate Holidays! Or so I do hope, pray and beg!

So here is a rough breakdown of our trip

We travel to Manchester Airport on the 20th February and have a night at Bewleys Hotel! Means we can have a proper relaxing evening and not stress about not getting there the next morning on time, I know what the trains can be like at times (I didn't just say that haha)
Also means I can do some plane spotting, as I have been into it since November 2012, for some unknown reason!

We are flying from Manchester Airport on the 21st February on VSO75 with Virgin Atlantic, which is a 11.30am flight, after being changed from 10.20am originally! We are also going to the Escape Lounge before the flight as Mr Grumpy doesn't want to be hanging around the airport because he hates them!

When we get to Orlando, we have no car hire so I have pre paid for LYNX bus passes so we can go wherever with no having to rely on hotel shuttles.

We are staying at the Rosen Inn near Universal for 13 nights after having to change it and many a phone call to ASDA Travel for over 2 weeks because they were rubbish and the hotel we had booked which was the Rodeway Inn on South Kirkman Road, was discovered to have homeless people and bugs all over it! But I won't rant as I will just get annoyed lol

After 13 nights at Rosen Inn, we transfer to Port Orleans French Quarter for 8 nights at Disney YAY!

Anyway; we are planning to do Seaworld the first day, as it seems to be a semi relaxed park and should ease us in to the holiday spirit.

We then have Discovery Cove booked and a dolphin swim for myself on the Saturday, then we are off to see DAYTONA 500 race on the Sunday, which is very exciting despite the cost!

We then will hit Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Wet'n'Wild, Aquatica and Busch Gardens and of course some shopping whilst on International Drive!

Also have pre paid for Blue Man Group, Wonderworks and the Outta Control Comedy Show and Sleuth's Murder Mystery Dinner.

At Disney, we upgraded the Quick Service Dining Plan to Disney Dining Plan for 10 pounds per day when we booked as I wanted to do some sit down meals, so we have some ADR's booked for;

Coral Reef, Donald's Dining Safari, Be Our Guest, Biergarten, Fulton's Crab House, Akerhaus Storybook Dining, Sanaa and Cinderella's Royal Castle!

Soooooo exciting and with only 2 weeks to go, I am furiously trying to get the last bits sorted like spending money, luggage tags, clothes for holiday and all the rest.

I have been waiting 11 years to return to the House of the Mouse and I think it is all I have talked about for at least 9 months! Much to Andy's would you please shut up about it for once moaning lol

So despite me wanting to go full pelt in Orlando, we now unfortunately have one thing against us and that is the my darling other half is waiting for an operation on his back so he is unable to do as much as we first planned, but determined not to let that stop us, I am sure we will both have a great time and have smiles (or smirks in Andy's case) on our faces throughout the holiday.

Oh and lastly, the things we are both looking forward to!

HANNAH - Swimming with a Dolphin, Eating at Cinderella's Royal Castle
and going to Hollywood Studios

ANDY - Watching DAYTONA 500, Eating at NASCAR Sports Grille and going on Star Tours and buying up the shop of R2 D2 and Ewoks!

Hope I haven't bored anyone too much with my ranting,

Thanks for viewing and I look forward to having you follow my journey and my trip reports when I return.

Have a Magical Disney Day,

Love Hannah (and Mr Grumpy aka Andy)

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 13, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Looking Forward to hearing about your adventure when you return, have fun!
Old 6 Feb 13, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

A great read. I know how a long wait feels, 15 years and now I've only got 15 days until I get all crazy and super excited! We're off to Gatwick on the 20th Feb, ready to fly on 21st Hope you have a fantastic holiday!
Old 6 Feb 13, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Enjoyed your Pre-trip looking forward to the 'main event' reporting Hope you both have a great time.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sth270355
Excited about Disney

Nicely organised...just have a magical time ! May see you around POFQ I'm there 4th - 18th March

Grand Floridian - March 1997
Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec 2006
Grand Floridian - Nov/Dec 2008
Port Orleans French Quarter solo - Nov/Dec 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter solo - March 2013
sth270355 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 13, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Good read - looking forward to the return report Have a fabby time. My DH would love to go to Daytona - maybe I'll check it out
pandanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
looking forward to the trippie!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 13, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not long to go now! Have a fab trip... hope the magic is firmly taken in by your other half :-)
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 13, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Not long to go now! Have a fab trip... hope the magic is firmly taken in by your other half :-)
Thanks, I hope so too!

Thanks to the people who have commented so far

I decided when I'm back, I'm going to try and do a trip report and a food report as everyone seems to love them lol
Old 18 Feb 13, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Not long now! YAY!