Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Sep 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

DVC Resale how do you return your signed documents?

So we’ve passed ROFR and are waiting for the title company agent to clarify whether the (2nd attempt) at contract papers are good “as is” or will need to be amended again. As soon as we’ve got clarification we’re good to send the money and return the documents. As this is our first resale contract we’re just wondering how others have returned their documents? I’d like the safety of tracking the documents but do I need a signed for too? I’m also conscious that we’d like to get on with things ASAP as the contract has banked points we want to use!
Who do you use to do this for fast and tracked delivery?
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

We were allowed to scan and email our signed documents back, I think it depends on which broker and title company used.
Not sure if I can add the broker or title company names here as they were not Dibb sponsors.
But it might be worth your while to ask if you can return yours this way -
Good luck and Welcome Home
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Thank you SnowWhite! The initial paperwork ie pre going to ROFR we did online, but these final (?) ones specifically say we need to return them. Keeping everything crossed that our title person comes back to us today.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

If you do have to courier your signed documents I believe FedEx has a next day delivery service.
Your title company should be able to send you printable labels which contain code relevant to your particular contract.
Fingers crossed for you
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There is absolutely no reason to send documents anything but email as a resale buyer.
In fact the documents you sign are not even required for the sale to be effective and the property to be transferred to you and the deed to be registered with the OC Comptroller. In a sale in the US, only the seller signs the deed.
The documents they are asking you to sign are simply waivers of liability for them, a document that sets out the points saying they aren't responsible if points are not on (they'll withhold the compensatory sum from the seller though if they had spent the points and estoppel should stop that anyway ) and a document giving your set up info they can send to DVC so DVC have the details to put points on your account.
But none of these are legal documents per se necessary for the property to transfer- they are literally just forms.
So no legal reason why you can't just email them.
The seller on the other hand has to send back the original executed deed.
I have multiple resale contracts and have never had to send originals back. The only time I did this was buying direct from Disney which in this aspect is more onerous than resale.
Who is the closing company? They may not be taking into account you are an overseas buyer. Suppose though they can set their own requirements even if it's unnecessary.

Edited at 06:14 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

YorkshireT thanks so much for this. I must admit it did seem overly complicated in a “really? ! ” kind of way. The title agent (@mvt?!) has been out of the office for a few days (poorly child) which has slowed her responses, and our actions. Your explanation is much more comprehensive and timely, and makes sense. I should have just asked here first 😆
We’ve booked a holding pattern accommodation for our Easter break rather than risk getting nothing and if/when the resale purchase completes and the points become active to us. We’ll shop around when the resale points eventually land to see if we can upgrade the pre Easter booking. If we can’t, then we’ll probably just look to rent the oldest banked points out so they aren’t a total loss to us.
Thanks again for your help as an addonitis officianado.
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
YorkshireT thanks so much for this. I must admit it did seem overly complicated in a “really? ! ” kind of way. The title agent (@mvt?!) has been out of the office for a few days (poorly child) which has slowed her responses, and our actions. Your explanation is much more comprehensive and timely, and makes sense. I should have just asked here first 😆
We’ve booked a holding pattern accommodation for our Easter break rather than risk getting nothing and if/when the resale purchase completes and the points become active to us. We’ll shop around when the resale points eventually land to see if we can upgrade the pre Easter booking. If we can’t, then we’ll probably just look to rent the oldest banked points out so they aren’t a total loss to us.
Thanks again for your help as an addonitis officianado.
No problem. If it’s Magic Vacation Title they 100% allow you to email it back, just done it myself with them.
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
We scanned and emailed back.
The title company initially talked about posting back with cashers check (or something like that, its late at night!). I emailed and pointed out that was tricky as we’re in the UK. I got a response back that they’d forgotten we were UK buyers and scanning was fine.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
We scanned and emailed back.
The title company initially talked about posting back with cashers check (or something like that, its late at night!). I emailed and pointed out that was tricky as we’re in the UK. I got a response back that they’d forgotten we were UK buyers and scanning was fine.
Yes I’ve always had to request the wiring instructions from MVT, they don’t automatically send them out either. They use Iberiabank in Louisiana.