Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

dvc Rentals.com

Hi, can anyone tell me anything about dvcrentals, its not dvc rental stores, just wondering if any has used them before.
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Ok so I have used dvc-rentals. Com to rent points and I’m really impressed, first time I have done it, I originally put a deposit down with David’s but they couldn’t match availability with available points, I emailed dvc rentals who were quick to reply to all my questions and could confirm they had available points before I paid a deposit, in less then 24 hours all booked and showing on my Disney experience. Communication was fantastic and it was very easy! They also have a sister company for buying and selling contracts if anyone’s interested the link is on the site.
I’ll also just say my dates were August 2020 and they had a few resorts I could have booked.
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Sorry, only just seen your post, yes we’ve used them twice, excellent customer service both times and unlike Davids you don’t have to pay all when you book, I think the final part is paid 45 days before travel, I would recommend and would use them again x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If you mean dvc-rental.com, yes you will not have any problems with them I don't think. The owner is Scott Ferraoili - he has been in the rental game for a long time, and is my friend on Facebook. He also owns Buy and Sell DVC, which used to have the fairly well known (at least in the limited sphere of DVC resale) Bee Thaxton acting as its real estate agent (registered agent- they have to have one), but she has recently set up on her own so he has another now. I have never seen anyting bad about them and Scott seems a nice guy.
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Hi there - sorry to jump on this thread, I have just been emailing Scott at DVC-rentals.com and had exactly the same questions!
So I was waiting on renters for Davids Vacation and DVCstores.com - paid deposits with both but no renters for grand californian but contacted Scott and they have availability so booking today - woohoo

My only questions for anyone who has booked before is what confirmation (if any) you get from Disney (well via the DVC owner) and how do you safeguard against the reservation being cancelled?

Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Well Scott emailed me a confirmation number which I uploaded on my Disney experience straight away, (this was before I paid the full balance which was due within 7 days) the dvc member has a contract with Scott and the dcv-Rentals and you also sign a contract as a member. Dvc rentals will hold part payment until you check into the resort, when they know you have checked in they then pay the dvc member the rest mom the money. Like you all this crossed my mind, let me know how you get on with your booking. mine was booked with hours and showing omn my app, Scott seems to always there to answer any questions.

sorry just read that yours is not wdw, I would ask Scott what you have as proof of booking.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
Well Scott emailed me a confirmation number which I uploaded on my Disney experience straight away, (this was before I paid the full balance which was due within 7 days) the dvc member has a contract with Scott and the dcv-Rentals and you also sign a contract as a member. Dvc rentals will hold part payment until you check into the resort, when they know you have checked in they then pay the dvc member the rest mom the money. Like you all this crossed my mind, let me know how you get on with your booking. mine was booked with hours and showing omn my app, Scott seems to always there to answer any questions.

sorry just read that yours is not wdw, I would ask Scott what you have as proof of booking.
Will let you know when Scott gets back to me, am sure it will all be fine just me double checking everything... dont want to be in a sticky situation next year at check-in!

I did get 2 ref numbers as 2 rooms booked and just working out best way to pay (credit card after just having had to claim back Thomas Cook flights!)
Sam
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

I paid with credit card through PayPal. I know your pain I had my wedding booked with travel city direct when they went into administration in 2008!
Scott has been trading for a long time and I'm sure he wouldn't leave us stranded
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post

Just realised it was DVC rental store that I used, sorry for any confusion
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List