Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Nov 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daval1980
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Charter Travel villa deposit refund

We returned from Florida on 8th October (six weeks this Wednesday coming) and stayed in a villa booked through Charter Travel. When are we likely to receive the refund for our villa deposit?

We had a similar situation three years ago and waited nearly 10 weeks on that occasion but we only received that back after I’d chased it up myself so god knows how long we would’ve waited had I not done so!
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Have you rung Charter Travel and asked them? By the time you post on here and get opinions (not an actual answer, just opinions) you could have rung them and got an actual answer.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
daval1980
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Have you rung Charter Travel and asked them? By the time you post on here and get opinions (not an actual answer, just opinions) you could have rung them and got an actual answer.
I e mailed Andy at Charter shortly before posting here but thanks for your “constructive” suggestion 👍🏻
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daval1980
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

For the avoidance of doubt and to stop the kind of condescending comments we’ve been getting let me add that we contacted Charter via email shortly before posting here!

As it was past 10pm on a Saturday night calling them wasn’t an option so we did the next best thing by e mailing Andy who booked our holiday for us! We only posted here to gauge opinions not to receive messages insinuating we are too stupid to think of contacting them directly. We simply wanted to know if others had had a similar experience.

I am more than capable of chasing this up with Charter and have done so!
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by daval1980 View Post
For the avoidance of doubt and to stop the kind of condescending comments we’ve been getting let me add that we contacted Charter via email shortly before posting here!
Everyone is a critic these days. Forum is becoming increasingly negative, not all the time, but surely everyone realizes that without people asking questions and getting answers then this site simply would not exist.

I am not only talking about people responding to the thread starters, i am talking as well about people that post and cannot take the advice they receive and take offense at responses.

Everyone needs to chill... its Disney Mickey wouln't be impressed!

Edited at 10:41 AM.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The t&cs should state when it will be returned.

The norm is up to 30 days, and that is unusual to be so long.

If it was to take as long as this, I would have expected them to have advised you (and this is what I would be doing with my guest) of why it's taken so long i.e. waiting on a bill to see the cost to charge back.

I presume Charter have not replied to you with any info as of yet?
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Has there been lots of posts removed from this thread?

I only ask, because otherwise OP, condescending comments? really? You got a reply and a reasonable suggestion (and you even suggested you had to chase up a previous deposit), you didn't like it and you've gone a bit over the top with your reply tbh.

Anyway, did you get a response from Charter? As I type this, their banner is displayed on this thread. Would be good to know in case others are waiting for theirs to be refunded.