Old 6 Nov 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Final thoughts

So I’m sure you’re waiting on the verdict of how we got on with QSDP!

I had been really worried we would hate it being so used to having DDP. That’s partly why I had so many TS planned originally. As it turned out though we cancelled a couple and didn’t miss them. I really enjoyed the food and it was great not having to be somewhere just because we had an ADR there. We didn’t have as much as an issue with dithering as I thought, except that day we ended up at The Boathouse, and we were able to agree quickly where we were eating. It probably helped having a list before we went of places we wanted to try.
What I will say though is that I don’t think we’d have enjoyed it as much had DS not had so many good options now.
So the question, would we choose QSDP over DDP? The answer is yes and no. If we have a moderate resort booked we’ll happily keep QSDP but if we want a deluxe hotel we’ll also happily have DDP. Both have their pros and cons so it’s going to be based on hotel in the future.

Good points

We just used credits as we wanted. I worried the first day using a QS credit for breakfast instead of snacks but actually it made sense in the end. We didn't worry about using them for breakfast if that's what we wanted. Even without the TS meals I think we'd have been fine.

Food & Wine again is always a good point and I don’t feel like we did it justice at all. Next year we are definitely planning more Epcot time, not at the weekend!

Eating at Disney Springs was great too. We enjoyed all the new places we tried – Polite Pig, D-Luxe Burger and Chicken Guy. None of them were disappointing.

An unexpected high point was Woody’s Lunchbox. Those Totchos were excellent!

Beignets!

Won’t do again

Spending $180 on one meal for two people at The Yachtsman. As lovely as it was we’re not doing that again. Next year we’ll maybe try somewhere like Longhorns for a steak dinner or manage with the F&W steak!

I don’t think we’ll go to Yak & Yeti twice next year. We have 2 $25 birthday rewards but I think we’d be better using one at Bubba Gumps.

Wasting credits on Ghirardelli. The truth is I don't love it and would rather have UK chocolate. We had so many QS credits left because of the TS meals we had so hopefully next year we'll have less.

Plans for next year

At the moment we plan on sticking with QSDP as we'll be more than likely staying at a moderate. So with that in mind:

I want to try some of the World Showcase QS options although F&W means we generally use snacks so that may be a fail.

There's still a lot of savoury snacks we've never managed, a lot in AK like the Eight Spoons macaroni cheese so I'd like to get through that list.

More beignets!

So that's the report done for another year I hope it's helped people with some plans, meal choices or dining plan choices!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really enjoyed following along. I’m pleased you enjoyed the quick service. I would like to try ddp but I’m not sure I would enjoy co-ordinating all the adrs. If we weren’t with the kids I’d definitely give it a go! It is nice to be able to eat when your actually hungry and not having to rush to get to a restaurant. Thanks again for writing, I have a few more snacks and restaurants to add to my to do list. I look forward to finding out where your next trip takes you both.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Really enjoyed following along. I’m pleased you enjoyed the quick service. I would like to try ddp but I’m not sure I would enjoy co-ordinating all the adrs. If we weren’t with the kids I’d definitely give it a go! It is nice to be able to eat when your actually hungry and not having to rush to get to a restaurant. Thanks again for writing, I have a few more snacks and restaurants to add to my to do list. I look forward to finding out where your next trip takes you both.
Thanks for reading and commenting. I was glad we enjoyed QSDP! I usually don’t mind being tied to ADRs as we’re normally pretty indecisive but it was actually fine.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your food trippie really enjoyed reading along :spin some nice food eaten

Joan
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your food trippie really enjoyed reading along :spin some nice food eaten

Joan
Thanks for reading!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Really enjoyed reading and your thoughts. I think we will try QS if (when!) we go again as I think it would suit DD especially. I wasn’t impressed by coffee at kusafari think I had a latte.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Really enjoyed reading and your thoughts. I think we will try QS if (when!) we go again as I think it would suit DD especially. I wasn’t impressed by coffee at kusafari think I had a latte.
Thanks for reading!

QSDP definitely has it’s benefits. We didn’t spend as much time eating for a start!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for sharing your report, it has given me lots of ideas to add to my ever growing list for our trip next year!

I really enjoy reading the QSDP reports in particular and see the different ways people manage their credits
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
Thank you for sharing your report, it has given me lots of ideas to add to my ever growing list for our trip next year!

I really enjoy reading the QSDP reports in particular and see the different ways people manage their credits
Thanks for reading! Glad I’ve given you some ideas!

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
really enjoyed following along! Thank you