Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile Bathroom design help!

We are looking and doing our bathroom as it's been in 16 years and in need of a makeover.

At the moment we have a large bath with shower over it and then a large ledge at the back of it and loads of built in storage which is just full of junk. The layout is something like this:

We want to get in a large walk in shower and separate bath. We are happy to loose some of the storage as we don't need it. We have come up with the following design:

With this bath which I like as it looks freestanding and modern but fits snuggly in to the corner without wasting space:

But I can't help thinking we are missing something which would make the layout even better.

Any dibbers care to cast a fresh pair of eyes over it and let me know if you can spot anything we haven't thought of?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Could you not put the bath on the wall where the sink etc currently is? Then you could have a larger bath? I don't know how tall you and your family are, but I'm 5ft7 and I hated having a bath that size, as either my legs or my upper body had to stick out of the water. I also ruled out a freestanding bath as cleaning around it is a PITA - my parents have found this.

This is our bathroom - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1104296

Edited at 06:02 PM.
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Could you not put the bath on the wall where the sink etc currently is? Then you could have a larger bath? I don't know how tall you and your family are, but I'm 5ft7 and I hated having a bath that size, as either my legs or my upper body had to stick out of the water. I also ruled out a freestanding bath as cleaning around it is a PITA - my parents have found this.
We did consider it this way around but I'm the only one who has baths really and the reason I want rid of the bath we have is that it is too long for me and I have to put a little kids stool at the end of it for me to rest my feet on to stop me slipping down 😂😂😂

I also fancied having the toilet hidden around the corner too, so to avoid being on show whilst on the loo if someone accidentally came in (I don't like locks on the bathroom with having kids).

The way you suggested was the only other way we could see it working though when playing with the plans.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Ps, your bathroom is gorgeous. I love the dark shower tray. Any regrets getting it?
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We're currently deciding on a plan with the joiner to do our master bathroom. (We are taking out the bath as no-one ever uses it and having a big walk in shower instead)

Our only issue is that our toilet will still be beside the radiator, as it is now, and always felt it was a bit close when sitting on the loo (teens used to moan about their legs touching it )

I do like your layout - and the bath is cute! If I had to have a bath I'd like one like that. It's very difficult isn't it as it's a big decision.

What colourways are you going for?
Seems to be grey, grey or maybe grey when you look at brochures!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We're currently deciding on a plan with the joiner to do our master bathroom. (We are taking out the bath as no-one ever uses it and having a big walk in shower instead)

Our only issue is that our toilet will still be beside the radiator, as it is now, and always felt it was a bit close when sitting on the loo (teens used to moan about their legs touching it )

I do like your layout - and the bath is cute! If I had to have a bath I'd like one like that. It's very difficult isn't it as it's a big decision.

What colourways are you going for?
Seems to be grey, grey or maybe grey when you look at brochures!
DH wants white again but we have all white now and the cabinets have yellowed over time and I want something different.

I fancy a warm grey (mushroom type of colour) for the units and then a wood effect dark ish wood floor with a warm beige tile in the shower area and splashback.

I'm just worried about our choices as it is a big layout of money and tiles, furniture etc are so expensive to get wrong.
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Ps, your bathroom is gorgeous. I love the dark shower tray. Any regrets getting it?
Thank you. No, no regrets at all, much prefer it to the white shower tray we had before.

If you're looked for grey units, my parents have the grey version of the sink unit and cupboard we have, we copied them, and they're really nice. They're Roca Victoria-N.

I get what you're saying about the bath - the one you've picked is lovely, and if length is not an issue its ideal.
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Mskitty, we too are looking at a warm grey/beige, so mushroom-y theme. Some greys are so cold looking! and we are not a fan of the clinical clean white look. Lovely in it's own way but not for us.
We're having this lovely 100% waterproof textured fibreboard walling in a beige-y grey 'cracked stone' effect and curved satin darkish cabinets (I did see a photo in a magazine of a show stopper of a bathroom done with dark glistening tiling with a hint of bronze running through the tiles and a dark floor which was gorgeous and looked so cosy - but hubby is having none of it! This is the closest I get! )

Skalexander - your bathroom is stunning!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Mskitty, we too are looking at a warm grey/beige, so mushroom-y theme. Some greys are so cold looking! and we are not a fan of the clinical clean white look. Lovely in it's own way but not for us.
We're having this lovely 100% waterproof textured fibreboard walling in a beige-y grey 'cracked stone' effect and curved satin darkish cabinets (I did see a photo in a magazine of a show stopper of a bathroom done with dark glistening tiling with a hint of bronze running through the tiles and a dark floor which was gorgeous and looked so cosy - but hubby is having none of it! This is the closest I get! )

Skalexander - your bathroom is stunning!
Oooh do you have any photos of all of the above you wouldn't mind sharing? You seem a step or two ahead of us and I need as much inspiration as I can get!
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We start our bathroom renovation on Thursday and I can't wait. We are getting rid of the shower bath and having a large corner shower (our bathroom is really small) with gloss anthrocite drawers under the sink and a tall cupboard to match sink and toilet. I'm particularly looking forward to the rimless toilet and easily removable toilet seat, is that sad? The tiles are large and grey (that's all I can remember about them) and we are having the same ones on the floor.
Jue x
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List