Notices

Old 6 Nov 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

Really looking forward to this report! Have a great time
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Loving the trip!

I've been a few times but always for work and that just isn't quite the same (although it did mean I could sneak beer on expenses).

I am assuming all your non-planned time is really just code for "Going shopping at the mall"?
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like a dismal summer with life dishing out the dirt for you. I hope you are able to enjoy your adults only getaway.

I am in approval of the no plan/morning outings plan. Who needs to go anywhere when you've got afternoon tea, followed by cocktails, followed by canapes?

I'm loving the look of all your outfits. I hope you get the chance to wear them all...don't let that interfere with the eating of canapes and drinking of cocktails though.

I'm looking forward to reading all about this next adventure in the eastern direction and not the westerly direction. Who knows maybe a new love will be kindled?

I bet you come home all relaxed and pampered ready to tackle what is thrown at you next.I'm confident the cocktails will help prepare your liver for the inevitable excesses of Christmas and who cares if you've spent all the present money on a holiday for yourselves...ok so the teens (can I still call them that? Perhaps that description is inadequate now?) might have a grumble, but then they always find something to grumble about.

Have a blast it sounds like you need it!

X

Haha I don’t think the boys were at all impressed we booked to go away without them that might be why they both just made an appearance at home for their half term ... or maybe that was more for the laundry\food re stock

Summer is always a bit rough for us but it extended itself which was rather rude really. I may hibernate next year.

I am looking forward to doing the full Joan Collins sashaying around in my flowing gowns and oversized hat with a glass of something in my hand. And showing my age.

Thanks for the comments xx

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
How exciting Your plans all sound fab! Fingers crossed that you get the confirmation for the Burj Khalifa asap.

I miss our group chats too I just can't get into the new social group the same as our original one. Hope the boys are well even if they are giving you a headache

Wishing Andy & yourself a fantastic well deserved break Looking forward to the report.

Kelly x
Ah hope all is good with you all x

Originally Posted by princesschazy View Post
4 cases for 5 days? I assume Andy is only taking hand luggage? 😂😂😂 Sounds absolutely fabulous! Make sure your luggage scale goes in a suitcase not like silly me in hand luggage - they cut the measuring bit out and offered us the empty shell!
Lol, hello there How are you.
He does have more shoes than me though so it could be a tricky one ...
good tip on the scales

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
We loved loved loved Dubai and would go back in an instant. Looking forward to seeing it again through your eyes. Enjoy the luxury.
Thank you . I am looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
After the year you’ve had, you deserve a bit of spoiling Amanda! Hope you both enjoy every single moment and all the dramas are at an end now. X
Thank you. Hope things are ok for you .. it’s been a rough year for your family too xx

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip Amanda.
I would love to go, but I am slightly apprehensive for various reasons.
I hope that your year improves soon.
More dresses...
Hello. Yes I have some apprehension too but I’m swayed by all the positive vibes !
Yes, more dresses. I must post more pics

Originally Posted by RT7 View Post
We love Dubai and have lost count the number of times we have been over the last 12 years.
Really looking forward to your trip report.
That’s a great recommendation of you keep going back ! Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It sounds like you have some great (non) plans Looking forward to reading along.
Andy is adamant we are not doing lots of stuff ... we shall see

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Sounds like a fab trip Amanda, sorry to hear you've had a tough year
Thanks, it can only get better as they say ...

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
We might be joining you honey. I had originally tried to get quote for our fav hotel but it was coming out at nearly 7k.

However just been on expedia and got another amazing price for just under 3.5k... premium and club at the Al Qasr.

I will wave to you. xxxxx
That is a good price ! Book, book
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by DisneyKim416 View Post
Really looking forward to this report! Have a great time
Me too ! Thank you

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Loving the trip!

I've been a few times but always for work and that just isn't quite the same (although it did mean I could sneak beer on expenses).

I am assuming all your non-planned time is really just code for "Going shopping at the mall"?
Ha ha I’ve been sussed. We were planning on deep sea fishing but decided against it so now there are a few hours to fill ... and malls a plenty
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Still no Burj Khalifa tix confirmation. How hard can it be to check ?!

I meant to say in my pre ramble that as soon as we had booked, my eldest helpfully pointed out we are flying home just as the final Grand Prix race meeting starts over in Abu Dhabi.

How’s that for complete lack of planning?

I did look at extending the stay and selling the kids and house to purchase tickets to said event but in the end decided not to.

As it’s all decided who is the winner now anyway , I feel a bit better about such a sporting faux pas.

Does mean prices seem to have that surge effect and we’ve ruled out a day trip to Abu Dhabi as well as it will most likely be completely mobbed.

Sigh. More reasons to go back I guess ...
Old 9 Nov 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I’m sorry your summer was so rubbish - sometimes life really does deliver lemons. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dubai.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
I’m sorry your summer was so rubbish - sometimes life really does deliver lemons. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dubai.
Thank you
We fully expect August to be pants now as that’s been the norm the last three years but for it all to spill over into September as well was just plain rude

I’m thinking the only answer next year is to take myself off to remote island for the entire summer and just pretend like it’s all ok. That’s bound to work
Old 11 Nov 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

In other news.

I have a cold brewing
Oh man that’s rubbish. I am totally blitzing it with everything I can. I WILL NOT be ill on this holiday and that’s final

We finally got our Burj Khalifa tix for 1030 so time for breakfast beforehand and then planning to go straight from there for lunch at a waterside cafe to see the fountain show at 1 or 1.30 and then some shopping in the Dubai Mall. That’s next Sunday all sorted then

Still need to book the bus tix, decide what to on the meds front ( to form or not to form , that dear travellers is the question).

Oh yes and I decided I still didn’t have quite the right clothing so have ordered a few more bits. I’m also musing on whether 8 pairs of shoes is too much for 5 days

My lovely offspring graced us with their presence this last week for their Uni reading week. Bringing home their laundry and raiding the cupboards, they return today like satiated hamsters with pouch reserves overfilled by cake and crisps to last them until at least tomorrow.

That means this weekend was not the planned relaxing packing and general light tidy up required with only two persons in the house .. no it’s full on with almost every room looking like it’s been in a burglary , stuff everywhere and me trying hard not to hyperventilate . After all it’s not like I’m going away and want the house straight or anything.

Keep calm and clean the house.
That is all
Old 16 Nov 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Hope you have a fab trip Amanda.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Hope you have a fab trip Amanda.
Thank you x
This will help