Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Apr 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Texas two steppin Road trip

Finally completed my road trip plan as follows,

Tell me what you think with night time entertainment venues added.

Arrive Houston 2 days staying near Galleria (Wild west and firehouse saloon) inc Space centre visit

Fort Worth 5 days (Billy bobs,cowboys dancehall),Baseball: Rangers v Mariners and Dallas trips for JFK and Southfork

Austin 4 days (Whitehorse saloon,Continental,Broken spoke,Little Longhorn,Rainey street.

inc day trip to Luckenbach

New Braunfels 2 days inc Tubing down the Comal River and Gruene Hall

San Antonio 3 Days (Riverwalk, Alamo etc)(Cooter browns,Cowboy Dancehall)

Houston, Final Night then home
Around 1000 miles
Sadly its End of July, hot,hot,hot
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This looks great... Texas is definitely on my bucket list!
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks brilliant Texas is an incredible place you will love it. I’m a massive country music fan so it was even better for me
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Looks great - I spend about 2 in every 8 weeks shuffling between Dallas & Houston for work! Galleria area is my favorite to stay. Finally managed a visit to the Space Centre on a rare weekend off late last year - loved it. July will be be beyond hot. One weekend last July reached 118 for us in Dallas.
Austin for 4 days is on my wish list, so far only managed a very quick overnight.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

You'll have a great time! We loved Texas and did a road trip from Dallas to Rockport for a wedding and back again.

Would highly recommend the Capitol building in Austin, seeing the bats fly from under Congress Bridge at dusk (get there early and stand on the grass below the bridge or do the boat trip), a game of shuffleboard at Buffalo Billiards on 6th Street (hilarious) and breakfast at Juan in a Million (Man v Food).

You must go to Lake Travis and have lunch or dinner at the Oasis restaurant oasis-austin The view take your breath away! The food is good too!

Luckenback is lovely (and very small). We stopped of at the Lyndon B Johnson state park on the way and toured the house and saw the buffalos - really interesting.

We stopped at Dinosaur Valley state park on the way from Fort Worth to Austin. Really lovely place with lots of dinosaur footprints on the river bank. You can swim if you want to.

We liked San Antonio - it was really hot here! We did all the usual stuff and also went up the tower, great views. There was a light show on the walls of the Cathedral when we went, which was lovely.

Hope this helps!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We got married in Austin in 2016 and it was fantastic. We loved the vibe there. Try and go out for lunch to The Oasis on Lake Travis, the views are just breathtaking! oasis-austin/

Took a drive down to San Antonio and did Riverwalk and the Alamo. Everything was great and we loved it, just haven’t managed to get back yet but one day we definitely will.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Looks great. We loved Dallas although only had a day there. It was great, really cool city. If you can pre book JFK museum it will cut down on wait time. Visited Southfork in the 80s .. would love to see if it’s changed much !
Crispy A did a great Texas trippy as well.
Oh yes and we had the best steak EVER at the Y.O. Steakhouse in Dallas. and I mean literally the best ever !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for all your tips and backing for my list. We have loved country music for the best part of 30+ years and have always wanted to visit Texas. We have done Nashville and the Carolinas but somehow never got to Texas. I just wish we could have done it outside of the super super hot months.
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We loved Texas and it’s probably still our favourite state. Have a look at my trip report if you want some ideas - it’s in my signature. And try to watch Friday Night Lights if you haven’t seen it already!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! We loved Texas and it’s probably still our favourite state. Have a look at my trip report if you want some ideas - it’s in my signature. And try to watch Friday Night Lights if you haven’t seen it already!
Loved your trip report, I read it over xmas and was gutted when it finished.
I see from your tag you are going to Chicago. Make sure you go on the architectural cruise. It was fantastic !

Edited at 01:17 PM.
toffeeman0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List