Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Sep 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Is The Saratoga Springs Resort Refurb Needed?

I thought I would take some photos on our last trip to show how the SSR rooms and corridors had become shabby. This is what happens when money isn't spent when it should have been.

Also the danger of employing maintenance people who are bordering on being incompetent or have a couldn't care less attitude.

Please bear in mind I am a Tradesman so can spot issues a mile away!

Toilet tank - lets put it on at an angle!

Vibration pads, degraded by we all know what! But hey lets not change them

Water inlet, always problematic due to cold water hitting warm air. Please clean me!

Mmm, these securing bolts need changing

New shower rail circa 2 years ago, cut too long. Maintenance get around it by putting the plates on an angle!

Toilet roll holder replaced at some time (broken by the way). Lets put it on upside down so the grub screws are on the top! Nice touch, so you can see them full of fluff and catch your nails on them. Maintenance people, they go underneath! Pure lazy, didn't want to bend down.

The reason why you never use folding doors in a hotel. They drop!

New door closer maybe 5 years ago. Why put things on straight? Angles look nicer!

Kitchen doors dropped. 5 min job a hinge needs replacing

Ahh, a broken dropped hinge. Lets just leave it.

Bathroom door undoubtedly damaged by the carpet fitter. Sue them!

A vent outside our room. Rusty and full of fluff

The next 3 pictures show what happens when painters don't remove hand grease. For goodness sake wash down first not slap gloss straight on that lasts 3 weeks!

The vent above the kitchen area. Full of fluff. Housekeeping job to vacuum it out. Do they?
Nothing like fluff dropping in your cereal.

All external doors need replacing. Rust on the bottoms. Otherwise send them off for acid dipping then galvanize and paint them

Skirtings. Lets not rub them down and wash when painting. Lets just slap it on the muck

Why put laundry away? It can stay out for days.

Pictures in the lifts. Mmm, the lamb looks nice I may have it. Oh no I can't. They stopped selling it 3 years ago.

Nice 'lean on panels' in the lifts. A pity the painters haven't heard of masking tape when painting. So sad.

Every air con vent is like this. 4 screws and they can be replaced in under 2 mins flat.

The fire escape notices kept falling off so 5 years ago they replaced them with these. Hey why bother taking off the old adhesive, lets just leave it as decoration!

Who guns around a clothes line! But if we do lets put it on with a spoon!

As an aside I have another 20 similar photos.

In conclusion I think the refurb is needed.

Edited at 08:05 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks Tom I have been waiting to see the dossier. All I can say it looks far from good. Whilst minor things can be spotted everywhere (I also have an eye for detail and can’t help but notice things like this) this is well below par. I’d suggest submitting to DVC.
Fortunately for us, the refurb will at least rectify the rooms.
The problem is as you say, this is sloppy maintenance work by people who do not care. The new rooms will go a similar way if they are not brought up to scratch. Things like leaving all the sticky pad residue on the door screams ‘I don’t give a s****’

Edited at 07:54 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, this refurb has been left far too long, I wouldn't be happy at all if I entered a room like that, that's just shoddy quick fixes all round and definitely a drop in standards, it just shows that with the volume of traffic through disney resorts the refurbs need to be done in shorter cycles plain and simple, it's not like your not paying for it, this is supposed to be a deluxe resort after all.
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Those pictures are shocking this is not what you would accept at any hotel never mind a deluxe
Old 17 Sep 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Amazing photos, wow! It's such a shame they've let it go, such a lovely resort.

We were in block 47 recently, first timers, it did look tired. Noticed a few bits like the dropped doors on cupboards, tired carpets, chipped paintwork. Obviously not as eagled eyed as yourself.
Thanks for the post, enlightening!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Wow Tom, thats pretty disgraceful. How can they call that a deluxe resort? I wouldn't expect all that in a value resort! The refurb is definitely way overdue, will be good when it's all done.
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Good grief
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Exactly what we thought at at our first stay in May 19. Loved the feel of the resort, the separate QS at different pools and the layout. But it is not well maintained and tired.
The new photos being posted look lovely, but I question how long those velvet sofas will look nice for!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

This makes me a bit sad actually. We first stayed in December 2004 as brand new DVC owners and it was wonderful. I hope the refurb restores it to its former beauty.
Old 20 Sep 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Exactly what we thought at at our first stay in May 19. Loved the feel of the resort, the separate QS at different pools and the layout. But it is not well maintained and tired.
The new photos being posted look lovely, but I question how long those velvet sofas will look nice for!
Have you seen the Pete Werner video of his sofa at the GF?

I think I will become like him and complain when furniture is marked with unknown fluids!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List