Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Tripp suitcases are the best and I can confirm fit for Ryanair, EasyJet and BA!

Yes to 100ml per bottle. You’d be surprised how big 100ml is. I have a cleanser which looks massive but is only 100ml (they always check as they never believe me). I’ve never actually seen them count items and I’ve seen people go through with much more than 10 items but it does all fit into the bag...

Also on an aside if anyone shops at Glossier, you get your items sent in a pink bubble wrap bag (which has a seal) they are PERFECT for cabin bags. I’ve traveled with it to numerous airports around the world and had no issues and it’s much better then the stupid plastic bags you get from the airport as properly seals and has just a bit more structure to it! I’d recommended them if you already have one!
The Tripp cases are really nice.

I have been looking at the 100ml bottles tonight online and they do seem a lot bigger than I first thought so I think we will be fine decanting liquids into these. I’ve also found some sturdy looking clear bags on Amazon the right size to put the bottles in.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
We travel hand luggage only regularly, became quite the experts haha
Everyone is always amazed with what I fit in, these are the cases I have
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8726977?gclsrc=aw.ds&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157

They fit within most of the airlines allowances including Ryanair and easyJet,
Re toiletries I buy sets of the reusable bottles from primark for £1 and decant shower gel, shampoos etc for the rest like deodorant, shave gel etc Superdrug is good 3 for £3 or occasionaly I’ll just pick things up after security at Superdrug as prices are the same as high street.
As you are going with easyJet you have the option of going ‘hands free’ easyjet/en/hands-free-upgrade still a cabin size case but you drop this off before security and it goes in the hold so no need to worry about liquids at security
The case look very nice and very roomy too.

I did notice Superdrug prices were the same price at the airport as in their regular stores when we were at Bristol airport last month so that will be useful for anything we don’t manage to put in beforehand

I had not heard of the hands free option with EasyJet before, that could be really useful as I’m not keen on hand luggage usually as I do like being able to just drop the cases off. We just feel it would be easier for this trip as it’s a two centre holiday and large cases will be difficult to manage
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
I recently had a week in Dublin with cabin bag only and it was really easy to get everything I wanted in my bag - in fact I didn't wear everything I took.

I used THIS BAG - definitely not cheap but absolutely brilliant - lightweight, very easy to pack, stayed upright, seems robust and I think it looks great as well.

I used these COMPRESSION PACKING CUBES - these ones are out of stock but there are others - THESE ONES look pretty similar.

For travel bottles how about THESE? I have loads of similar ones plus some small pots. Silicone ones are better than hard plastic as they're less likely to split if they get squashed.

They won't check how many containers you have in your clear bag. As long as the bag fits within the size limit, no individual container is bigger than 100ml (you can't use a 125ml container with only 100ml in) and you can close the bag, you'll be fine, so you can put in as many lip glosses, mascaras and other small makeup liquid/gel items as you like.
Don't forget that although you can buy items bigger than 100ml once you're past security, unless you can decant them into smaller bottles you won't be able to bring them back with you so don't splash out on a big bottle of perfume or expensive whisky!

Definitely only one bag per person though, when I was flying out to Dublin an American woman turned up at security with two bags full to overflowing with makeup. She went into a bit of a meltdown at being told she had to reduce it all down to one bag. I felt sorry for her but the rules are very clear and have been in place for years now.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
I recently had a week in Dublin with cabin bag only and it was really easy to get everything I wanted in my bag - in fact I didn't wear everything I took.

I used THIS BAG - definitely not cheap but absolutely brilliant - lightweight, very easy to pack, stayed upright, seems robust and I think it looks great as well.

I used these COMPRESSION PACKING CUBES - these ones are out of stock but there are others - THESE ONES look pretty similar.

For travel bottles how about THESE? I have loads of similar ones plus some small pots. Silicone ones are better than hard plastic as they're less likely to split if they get squashed.

They won't check how many containers you have in your clear bag. As long as the bag fits within the size limit, no individual container is bigger than 100ml (you can't use a 125ml container with only 100ml in) and you can close the bag, you'll be fine, so you can put in as many lip glosses, mascaras and other small makeup liquid/gel items as you like.
Don't forget that although you can buy items bigger than 100ml once you're past security, unless you can decant them into smaller bottles you won't be able to bring them back with you so don't splash out on a big bottle of perfume or expensive whisky!

Definitely only one bag per person though, when I was flying out to Dublin an American woman turned up at security with two bags full to overflowing with makeup. She went into a bit of a meltdown at being told she had to reduce it all down to one bag. I felt sorry for her but the rules are very clear and have been in place for years now.
Thank you, the compression cubes you linked to are the exact ones I am considering.

I’m definitely going to make sure I get sturdy bags (correct size of course) so they will hold the bottles and smaller liquids like make up without breaking. If we buy anything after security it would be cheaper items such as toothpaste or deodorant, so we could use it on the holiday and leave the remainder behind. I would hate to leave an expensive bottle of perfume behind 😢
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We travel handluggage a lot. I always use packing cubes, it is just easier to roll things and get them in nice and tight and also easier if doing a trip where you are moving about a lot.

We have found that we don't really need that many toiletries, hubby only likes on type of shaving product and I am fussy with deodorant but I'll use whatever shower gel/shampoo etc is in the hotels and I take a small bar of soap. We have travel size sun lotion and small insect spray (or the sealed wipes as they don't have to go in the clear bag). I don't take perfume as it always goes funny on me in the sun in combination with sun lotion and ends up smelling more like cat pee!

Once you start travelling light you never want to go back to heavy cases!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
We travel handluggage a lot. I always use packing cubes, it is just easier to roll things and get them in nice and tight and also easier if doing a trip where you are moving about a lot.

We have found that we don't really need that many toiletries, hubby only likes on type of shaving product and I am fussy with deodorant but I'll use whatever shower gel/shampoo etc is in the hotels and I take a small bar of soap. We have travel size sun lotion and small insect spray (or the sealed wipes as they don't have to go in the clear bag). I don't take perfume as it always goes funny on me in the sun in combination with sun lotion and ends up smelling more like cat pee!

Once you start travelling light you never want to go back to heavy cases!
I am a big fan of packing cubes, I have cheap sets that we tried first a few years ago and find they make far more space for clothes. They could do with replacing though so I think I will try the compression ones for our trip.

I haven’t tried the anti-mosquito wipes. I react really badly to mosquito bites, with huge red painful marks which spread several inches across my skin. I always find the Jungle Formula sprays and the Avon Skin so Soft sprays help prevent me getting bitten. Do you find the wipes as effective as the spray?

I’m not convinced I will prefer less luggage 😂 but I’m giving it a try, I certainly think it will be easier for us for this trip.
Old 5 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

It's worth getting one of those atomisers you can get from Boots...they hold 65 sprays which is enough for a short trip..and they are half price at the moment if you buy perfume .
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Easy jet cabin bag sizes are pretty good. We used them for 2 weeks all clothing. Ours are 60l 2 wheeler ones semi hard/semi soft shell, but rigid frame. Can pack way more in those than in the four wheeler variety.

Was fine. Bought some stuff airside but most at final destination.

Sounds a lovely trip.

This style. They are the same as BA so we get a lot of use out of them.

amazon/Aerolite-Al.../dp/B01LX0MK0O

We have the ones with a tsa combi lock on them.

Edited at 01:38 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
It's worth getting one of those atomisers you can get from Boots...they hold 65 sprays which is enough for a short trip..and they are half price at the moment if you buy perfume .
I have an atomiser which would be perfect for perfume for the trip. I spent some time in Wilkos today and I was very pleasantly surprised at the 3for2 range on travel toiletries there and I found the 90ml Jungle Formula anti mosquito spray so I think it will be easy to get most things in the right size. It will be a case of seeing how many items we can get in the plastic bags, and then getting the cheaper items airside.
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Easy jet cabin bag sizes are pretty good. We used them for 2 weeks all clothing. Ours are 60l 2 wheeler ones semi hard/semi soft shell, but rigid frame. Can pack way more in those than in the four wheeler variety.

Was fine. Bought some stuff airside but most at final destination.

Sounds a lovely trip.

This style. They are the same as BA so we get a lot of use out of them.

amazon/Aerolite-Al.../dp/B01LX0MK0O

We have the ones with a tsa combi lock on them.
That case looks huge, almost as spacious as our current large case. Thanks for that, it’s definitely one to consider 😀

We are looking forward to the trip, seems lots to explore in both locations and the planning will make the winter pass quicker 😂