Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Is it easier for on site guests to get on it quicker?
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Glad you had an ok queue time and that you enjoyed the ride! It’s so fun isn’t it. And SO smooth!

So, I haven’t ridden first thing in the morning, only in the middle of the day... when the queue is super long first thing in the morning and you go to the lockers, are these the same lockers you’d use in the middle of the day, I.e. to the left of the main ride entrance? If so, what’s stopping someone from entering the park at park opening, walking right to the lockers (bypassing the main queue) and then joining the middle of queue after using the lockers. therefore pushing in front of lots of people?

I think I must be missing something? By the way-I’m not looking for a way round standing in line at all, more that it seems like a ‘risk’?
Yes those are the lockers I got directed to with rope drop queuing (to the left of the main ride entrance). At rope drop the queue for Hagrid's starts to the right of the walkway in Lost Continent (fairly well signposted with TMs directing you to that line). There are temporary barriers between the queue and the regular walkway on the left. These temporary barriers continue on past the Hogwarts Express station, into Hogsmeade, past the train, past one set of lockers, past the Hagrid's ride entrance, just a little past the ride lockers to the left of the entrance, before making a right U-turn and winding back to the ride lockers (this is the point where you leave the queue to put things into lockers) and entering the actual ride queue.

So they basically make it such that at park opening, unless you are already in the queue, you wouldn't even be able to access the ride lockers.

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Is it easier for on site guests to get on it quicker?
I don't think so, unless they have Early Entry for Islands of Adventure. When I went yesterday the on-site guests had Early Entry for Universal Studios but not Islands of Adventure, so everyone was in the same boat in terms of trying to get into the Hagrid's queue.
Old 7 Nov 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a bit of a ride wimp, how would people say it compares to rides like BTM?
I rode Rita at Alton towers last week and I swear to god I nearly died.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
njc97
Getting to know the DIBB

How did you do Mike? We were there on the same day and had half a mind to do the same tactic but by the time it was 9am and HE opened the queue for Hagrid was 90 minutes so didnt bother. When we got off HE at 9.20ish we got stuck in the overflow queue for Hagrid and took us 10 minutes to walk around it! We'd ridden it the week before - it's brilliant!
njc97 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
I’m a bit of a ride wimp, how would people say it compares to rides like BTM?
I rode Rita at Alton towers last week and I swear to god I nearly died.
I'd say fairly similar to BTM. As a coaster itself it isn't too intense and I would describe it as similar to 7DMT, BTM, Gringott's and Expedition Everest. Some similar ride elements to Expedition Everest and the Mummy. There were a couple of other elements that took me by surprise though - but nothing too bad or scary in my opinion.
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

What ride is BTM please? Google isn't translating!

The rides you mention here, are they comparable to Thunder mountain in DLP? My youngest son can just about manage that, but is scared of the thought of Rock N Rolla and space mountain. Would you say all these rides fall more into Thunder mountain territory?
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyBob
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Went on yesterday for second time, ride is definitely worth the wait!

Got to gates at 8:15, let in at 08:45. Quick walk over to hagrids and we were off by 10:00. Would have been quicker but ride went down for half hour whilst we were in queue. Posted wait when we got off was over 205mins!

First time we did it we were in queue by 9:15 and took about 1hr 40mins.
MickyBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Got here today at 8.15. In the queue by 8.45. Still here at 9.30 and it hasn’t opened yet due to tech problems. Not sure whether to wait.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
Got here today at 8.15. In the queue by 8.45. Still here at 9.30 and it hasn’t opened yet due to tech problems. Not sure whether to wait.
This was approximately me on Wednesday this week. I waited and the queue only started moving again around 10am... I wasn't sure whether to wait either but decided I had invested so much time and effort in getting into the queue that I might as well wait! (Sunken cost fallacy?)

Hopefully it comes back up and running soon!
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

Will give it another 20 mins then. We all need to pee 😳 and there are people that are getting cross with the staff 😢
Update. Well 10.23 now and we have been told that it’s unlikely to open anytime soon , Ggggrrr

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List