wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Pizza, Wings and Stranger Things 2019 Day 7

Day Seven – 17th August 2019

THE INDEX IS HERE

This will without doubt, be my shortest ever trip report day and basically a pictorial representation of me and the kids spending the day fishing with some lovely scenery thrown in. In fact, the next two days are both a summary of two fishing trips with a local skipper which came about as a treat to myself for my upcoming birthday (significant one ending in zero).

So……for my 30th birthday, me and the kids were out of the villa door by 7am to meet skipper Fred Gowdy at a public boat dock in the Estero Bay area which was about a half hour drive away.

After meeting Fred, the next 6 hours were spent in various locations around Estero Bay fishing boat docks and mangroves. Fred spent the first half of the day making sure the kids caught a host of little fish (mainly Mangrove Snappers) while I concentrated on catching the elusive Red Fish and Snook.

The day looked like this………

I’ll break off from the endless photos and videos at the point to say that I still hadn’t caught anything but we did see a dolphin.

Back to the photos….

The fish really weren’t biting today and we didn’t see any of the big species. I managed to get a catfish narrowly avoiding catching nothing! I did thoroughly enjoy it though. I fished lures all day so I was kept busy by constantly casting into new spots to try and tempt something out. With hindsight, I should have caught some daft Mangrove Snappers with the kids early on in the day.

Like I say though, the weather was gorgeous, and I really enjoyed the day. I’ve been fishing long enough to know you can’t always catch them and ‘A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!’

We were home shortly after 2pm to find Lynn by the pool where she had been all day enjoying the solitude. We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the pool until rain stopped play again!

Our evening was spent watching Stranger things yet again and dinner was delivered by Mo’s Southwest Grill and we tucked into some really lovely Burritos.

I realise today was a bit of a none event as we spent it fishing but at least you can look forward to tomorrow when we will be …………………ah………………fishing again! 😊

Tomorrow – Fishing and swimming (again)

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Looks lovely!

AnnMarie
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a relaxing day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Lovely photos.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Don’t worry about the lack of fish. It’s called fishing for a reason, otherwise it would be called catching.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wizzo
Childish Halfwit

wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Don’t worry about the lack of fish. It’s called fishing for a reason, otherwise it would be called catching.
I use that line myself in tomorrow's report!

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely sounding day!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day for you all and some great photos

Joan
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Ahhh fishing, perfect. Not sure if you've done this, but if not next time you're down the keys stay in Islamorada and book a night fishing trip on the captain Michael at Robbies. $50 pp. we've done 3 day trips and 2 night trips. Last 2 night trips we caught masses of good sized yellow tail, had them filleted by the crew and cooked at Lazy Days. Oh and hubby caught a 4 ft nurse shark 🎣🎣🎣

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Love a boat fishing trip, even if you don’t catch still fun! Congrats on the big 60