Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think the BC is amazing... the pool is easily the best on property as well...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just for a different view. I’ve stayed a few times are Beach Club (not Yacht) and had no complaints. Hotel has delivered exactly what was paid for. Rooms refurbished in excellent condition last trip. Excellent staff. I personally don’t like the separate buildings at the Poly and find the lobby to be a zoo. Anything but deluxe for me compared to the calm of the Beach Club. I think personal taste is interesting as we are all different. The only Disney hotel I’ve ever had poor service to be fair had been OKW.
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The great thing about Disney is there’s a resort to suit everyone but let’s face it Disney’s ‘deluxe’ resorts aren’t true 5 star deluxe resorts, they’re beautifully themed in that special Disney way but the price/term deluxe are, IMHO, misleading. I’ve stayed at moderates, deluxes and club level deluxes and I’ve found good and bad service at all, likewise room cleanliness, comfortable (or not) beds. True 5 star resorts are now available with some of the same benefits as Disney resorts (Waldorf, Four Seasons) as well as a new JW Marriott opening in early 2020. Rumour is paid fast passes are coming, and with the paid before/after hours events one no longer has to stay onsite, but of course most of us stay onsite as we’re Disney ‘purists’ lol
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
The great thing about Disney is there’s a resort to suit everyone but let’s face it Disney’s ‘deluxe’ resorts aren’t true 5 star deluxe resorts, they’re beautifully themed in that special Disney way but the price/term deluxe are, IMHO, misleading. I’ve stayed at moderates, deluxes and club level deluxes and I’ve found good and bad service at all, likewise room cleanliness, comfortable (or not) beds. True 5 star resorts are now available with some of the same benefits as Disney resorts (Waldorf, Four Seasons) as well as a new JW Marriott opening in early 2020. Rumour is paid fast passes are coming, and with the paid before/after hours events one no longer has to stay onsite, but of course most of us stay onsite as we’re Disney ‘purists’ lol
My main reason for staying on site is that I can't drive and the Magical Express and transport system make it a no brainer for me. Also apart from a day at Discovery Cove I only go to Disney. So it all makes sense for me to stay on site. I absolutely fell in love with POFQ last year and can't wait to return there next year.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
My main reason for staying on site is that I can't drive and the Magical Express and transport system make it a no brainer for me. Also apart from a day at Discovery Cove I only go to Disney. So it all makes sense for me to stay on site. I absolutely fell in love with POFQ last year and can't wait to return there next year.
POFQ was my first ever onsite stay, stayed a few times with family and have wonderful memories. Beautiful resort.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Just for a different view. I’ve stayed a few times are Beach Club (not Yacht) and had no complaints. Hotel has delivered exactly what was paid for. Rooms refurbished in excellent condition last trip. Excellent staff. I personally don’t like the separate buildings at the Poly and find the lobby to be a zoo. Anything but deluxe for me compared to the calm of the Beach Club. I think personal taste is interesting as we are all different. The only Disney hotel I’ve ever had poor service to be fair had been OKW.
We certainly do all like different things! Is am similar to you re the Poly, I have described the lobby as a bear pit in the past, it is so noisy and we could not move for the hundreds of strollers parked up throughout the reception area, I have never seen that in any other deluxe.

I swore never to step foot in there again, but I relented in September and we stopped by but it was the same bear pit. We left after five minutes as we could not tolerate the noise and crowds and were told it was a two hour wait to get a drink! I think the Poly, more than any other Disney hotel, is marmite.

YC suits us much better as an adult only party, we enjoy the lovely quiet ambience of the public areas after a busy day. Even the BC seems a bit too noisy for me, well it does compares to YC although nothing like the Poly. My next stay will be at OKW, slightly nervous about it as it also gets mixed reviews and I am not sure about the sprawling layout.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We certainly do all like different things! Is am similar to you re the Poly, I have described the lobby as a bear pit in the past, it is so noisy and we could not move for the hundreds of strollers parked up throughout the reception area, I have never seen that in any other deluxe.

I swore never to step foot in there again, but I relented in September and we stopped by but it was the same bear pit. We left after five minutes as we could not tolerate the noise and crowds and were told it was a two hour wait to get a drink! I think the Poly, more than any other Disney hotel, is marmite.

YC suits us much better as an adult only party, we enjoy the lovely quiet ambience of the public areas after a busy day. Even the BC seems a bit too noisy for me, well it does compares to YC although nothing like the Poly. My next stay will be at OKW, slightly nervous about it as it also gets mixed reviews and I am not sure about the sprawling layout.
Claudette I’m in agreement with you. The Poly was our first deluxe stay before the gated pool and over the 4th of July. At times it was just utter madness. I’m not sure I’d be tempted to stay there again.

Yacht club was next and we had a flawless stay. Beach club I’m not as fond of in terms of theming and busyness.

Contemporary is the one I’ve totally fallen in love with after having a 5 night stay in a theme park view room over Christmas. But unless I win the lottery that won’t be happening again. 😂

Mexy I’m really glad to read that you have had a lovely stay there especially after all the problems you’ve encountered in this trip.
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I am surprised to hear people say Beach Club was busy - always felt quiet relaxed when i was there.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Claudette I’m in agreement with you. The Poly was our first deluxe stay before the gated pool and over the 4th of July. At times it was just utter madness. I’m not sure I’d be tempted to stay there again.

Yacht club was next and we had a flawless stay. Beach club I’m not as fond of in terms of theming and busyness.

Contemporary is the one I’ve totally fallen in love with after having a 5 night stay in a theme park view room over Christmas. But unless I win the lottery that won’t be happening again. 😂

Mexy I’m really glad to read that you have had a lovely stay there especially after all the problems you’ve encountered in this trip.
Thank you , I’m with you the contemporary still has my heart as well.
I think for us it was such a contrast from being at the yacht to the poly. It just didn’t have the feeling of a deluxe , I just can’t put my finger on it.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Me three, The Poly was our first deluxe back in 2004. Kona Cafe was great, 'Ohana good and the staff very friendly. We spent a lot (170 nights+) of time and money staying Club level there 2 or 3 times a year but slowly, as message boards spread the word about pool hopping and easy access to the beach for fireworks and the popularity of 'Ohana exploded, the experience level dropped and the price went up. We decided it was time for a change. It was no joke paying $900 a night to share your patio on NYE with half of I drive.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though and if the restaurants improve I would like to give it another go for old times sake.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List