Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Nov 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

We've got 5 days in the Beverly Hills area for the start of the holiday so will just Uber (is it now only Lux allowed at the airport?) to the hotel and then we've got a Mustang Convertible booked for the morning after we arrive to have a pootle around in for a couple of days.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
We've got 5 days in the Beverly Hills area for the start of the holiday so will just Uber (is it now only Lux allowed at the airport?) to the hotel and then we've got a Mustang Convertible booked for the morning after we arrive to have a pootle around in for a couple of days.
You need to take a little shuttle for Uber/Lyft now. I don't know what Lux is. Is it a car hire service?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
You need to take a little shuttle for Uber/Lyft now. I don't know what Lux is. Is it a car hire service?
Sorry, I'm confusing Lyft LUX with Uber BLACK I think.

I'm sure someone posted that BLACK level Uber still picked up kerbside without the need to get on the shuttle?

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022

Edited at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I'm sure someone posted that BLACK level Uber still picked up kerbside without the need to get on the shuttle?
Right. Thanks. Not sure what black level is really We usually just get Uber X?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Thanks will check that out.
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
The car hire places are off site at LAX, so you just get a free bus to their depots and then drive from there.

Where are you going in LA when you arrive, and what are you doing there. LA is massive and it can be 2 hours from one location to another. So depends on what you plan to do and where they are located.

Personally I would always have a car, but others have made it work using Uber, trains, planes, tours etc.
We will be doing the usual sight WB Studios, Chinese theatre, Sandra Monica then onto Anaheim.
Is it straight forward coming out of the airport then? I wanted to pick up from Burbank as would base ourselves here then move on to SM then Anaheim.
Uber is eye watering to Burbank erm:
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I follow a few Youtubers and they don’t hire a car.

Our plan for next year is to arrive in LAX, get an Uber or lyft down to Anaheim, stay at Anaheim for 5 nights with no car, get an Uber or lyft to LA and stay 2 nights with no car and then hire a car for our drive up to San Fran!
Who do you follow
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We are using Lyft then staying in Burbank. There is also Supershuttle from LAX to all the areas.
I would never drive in LA again! I f you are worried OP I would use Uber/Lyft or something, as long as the area you are staying is accessible to public transport, or you can Uber to where you are staying.
My plan was to Uber to Burbank as we stayed there last time but Uber for 5 of us was really expensive!
Would supershuttle go at that time of night
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
We will be doing the usual sight WB Studios, Chinese theatre, Sandra Monica then onto Anaheim.
Is it straight forward coming out of the airport then? I wanted to pick up from Burbank as would base ourselves here then move on to SM then Anaheim.
Uber is eye watering to Burbank erm:
We get a price of $35 to Burbank depending on time of day. Do you call that eye watering. We are staying at Tangerine.
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Last time we were there we got a taxi ti the hotel for the first night as we were arriving late and didn't want to drive straight away. Next day we hired a car. Not much public transport, everyone seems to drive in LA.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List