Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
People who have a bad body odour should be showering on a regular basis and wearing a deodorant no matter what age. Good idea for Christmas presents.
Thank you for your advice.

My children both shower daily, sometimes twice a day as they do a lot of sports. They are also fully aware of the benefits of using Deodorant.

They are also, extremely hormonal, pubescent boys (my eldest is approx 5ft 11 already) and can get a bit whiffy in between times.

They wear clean clothes every day, and their school blazers get washed weekly.

Quite frankly, I find your post a little rude.
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jones721
Earning More Ears

So do I.
jones721 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

My boys wear climacool type tops as well. They mostly have Adidas and Under Armour as well as some Nike but there are lots of different brands out there. As a previous poster has said they dry out quick if soaked on a water ride or caught in the rain. They come up great in the wash and best of all they don’t need ironed - after all I’m on holiday too!
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I don't know if this is any help as I'm not a teenage boy, but I found linen/cotton shirts quite cooling. Maybe something for the evenings/dinner? My boys are much younger than yours but I might have a look at these special cooling tops for them too 🙂
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
People who have a bad body odour should be showering on a regular basis and wearing a deodorant no matter what age. Good idea for Christmas presents.
how rude !

anyway OP personally i wear normal polo / cotton tshirts

i find the sports tops (cycling type climacool whilst wick away sweat etc they do get a bit wiffy if worn all day) a bit clingy/clammy also if on all day. not that nice if you are out day eating in the evening

a fresh laundered T / polo every day jobs a good un

imo
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

My DS prefers to wear the Climacool type shirts, do you live anywhere near a Nike outlet, I've had loads of bargains from there. The Sondico range in Sports Direct are made from a similar material, which is lightweight and keeps them cool, but they snag a lot easier, after a couple of wears they look awful, I used to think it was my DS being careless, but it doesn't happen to his other shirts.
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Thanks again everyone! We're lucky enough to be away for 4 weeks, so I'm planning on doing plenty of washing They will have freshly laundered clothes, probably twice a day 🙄😂

We have a Nike outlet nearby, and I will look for some linen shirts too x

Good tip about the Sondico brand, thanks x

Edited at 11:26 AM.
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

My partner took a mix of both cotton and climacool T's when we were away but ended up mostly wearing the climacool as he felt much more comfortable in them.

He also managed to stock up on a fair few in the Adidas store at the outlets along with climacool shorts too, very very cheap!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List