Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Nov 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Our stand out meal, from our trip last month was the Yachtsman, I also think it would be a nice place to eat as a solo traveller, it's also a short walk to Jellyrolls.
What I did for my birthday last month was the Wanyama Safari which starts with a reception of up to 12 people followed by a safari for an hour and a half, then a meal is included at Jiko's where all the people on the safari eat together, this also includes wine pairings, my husband and I then went to Jellyrolls, which was fab.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I'd say Monsieur Paul (French pavilion in Epcot) - ask to seat by a window to see the fireworks as you eat! Really attentive service, delicious and beautifully presented food.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

For my special meal on my solo trip I did the dine with an imagineer. It would have to be something you're interested in of course but I thought it was a fantastic experience. I'm a bit uncomfortable eating anywhere really nice on my own so this worked really well for me. Meal was at the Hollywood Brown Derby and food was great too!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachhh
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you all, there are some fantastic ideas here - I will report back with what I end up going for 😁
Rachhh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
Our stand out meal, from our trip last month was the Yachtsman, I also think it would be a nice place to eat as a solo traveller, it's also a short walk to Jellyrolls.
What I did for my birthday last month was the Wanyama Safari which starts with a reception of up to 12 people followed by a safari for an hour and a half, then a meal is included at Jiko's where all the people on the safari eat together, this also includes wine pairings, my husband and I then went to Jellyrolls, which was fab.
I'm a solo traveller and had a meal in Yachtsman in September - it was the worst meal/dining experience I have ever had anywhere in my nearly 56 years. That's just me though, I know most people rave over it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachhh View Post
I’m not great with ‘posh’ food either 😁 however, none of the places I’ve dined at previously have been great enough to want to have my birthday there. I am contemplating being a big child and going to beaches and cream (never been able to get in before) followed by jelly rolls... but I’m interested to find out where other people would go for a slightly more special than normal meal.
Which restaurant would you choose?
My favourite restaurant is Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK so I'd go there. The food is slightly out of the ordinary as is the restaurant itself, I love it I so rarely eat out that any restaurant is special to me though. Just the actual fact of eating out is a treat.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
My favourite restaurant is Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK so I'd go there. The food is slightly out of the ordinary as is the restaurant itself, I love it I so rarely eat out that any restaurant is special to me though. Just the actual fact of eating out is a treat.
I've booked here for my solo evening meal on Christmas day (also booked my solo Christmas day lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern).
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoN21 View Post
I've booked here for my solo evening meal on Christmas day (also booked my solo Christmas day lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern).
You're in for a treat 😀