Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Nov 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Rosen Shingle Creek

Looking for next year and Rosen Shingle Creek is coming out quite cheap. Is it nice?

Sounds snobby but we've only ever stayed at nice places (AKL, HRH, Beach Club, Hyatt Regency, Omni etc) so I don't know if it gets good reviews because it's good for the money, or if it's actually good?
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

It’s a fantastic hotel. We stayed here last year and were really pleased with it. It has a lovely Lobby area and the restaurants are really good( well we tried 3 of them). The steak house, A Land Remembered and the Italian are excellent. We also had a few sandwiches from the mini mart which were great as well.
There are 3 pools but we didn’t use them. Dh used the golf course, he said it was ok.
The rooms are really comfortable with very comfy beds. Not massively modern furniture but I just think that can be the style there.
We would defo use again as for the price it’s fantastic IMO.
I’ve not stayed in any of the hotels you have mentioned, but have been in some pretty decent ones elsewhere. I have stayed in the Hilton at bonnet creek and I think shingle creek is very much it’s equal if not better.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Yes it's very nice - I only stayed there for a night but enjoyed it. If you want an idea and some pics feel free to look at my trippie "Soraia goes solo" - link is in my signature below.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We stayed for 15 nights this May and it's a lovely hotel. We ate in A Land Remembered and i had the best filet mignon i have ever had in my life, you could have cut it with a butter knife and so tasty. The rooms are large and clean, the pool areas are lovely. There are free water coolers and cups round the pools so you don't have to take your own water with you. You will not go wrong booking this hotel. Fab ice cream parlour too.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
It’s a fantastic hotel. We stayed here last year and were really pleased with it. It has a lovely Lobby area and the restaurants are really good( well we tried 3 of them). The steak house, A Land Remembered and the Italian are excellent. We also had a few sandwiches from the mini mart which were great as well.
There are 3 pools but we didn’t use them. Dh used the golf course, he said it was ok.
The rooms are really comfortable with very comfy beds. Not massively modern furniture but I just think that can be the style there.
We would defo use again as for the price it’s fantastic IMO.
I’ve not stayed in any of the hotels you have mentioned, but have been in some pretty decent ones elsewhere. I have stayed in the Hilton at bonnet creek and I think shingle creek is very much it’s equal if not better.
Great thank you. We have stayed at the Hilton BC too so that's good to know as a frame of reference 👍
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
We stayed for 15 nights this May and it's a lovely hotel. We ate in A Land Remembered and i had the best filet mignon i have ever had in my life, you could have cut it with a butter knife and so tasty. The rooms are large and clean, the pool areas are lovely. There are free water coolers and cups round the pools so you don't have to take your own water with you. You will not go wrong booking this hotel. Fab ice cream parlour too.
Thank you - sounds like it might be a good option then.
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by soraia View Post
Yes it's very nice - I only stayed there for a night but enjoyed it. If you want an idea and some pics feel free to look at my trippie "Soraia goes solo" - link is in my signature below.
I will definitely check out your TR - thank you 😊
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post
Looking for next year and Rosen Shingle Creek is coming out quite cheap. Is it nice?

Sounds snobby but we've only ever stayed at nice places (AKL, HRH, Beach Club, Hyatt Regency, Omni etc) so I don't know if it gets good reviews because it's good for the money, or if it's actually good?
I’m here now, 3rd time I’ve stayed. I like a decent 4 star hotel and this is one.

PM if you have any questions.

Linda x
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m here now, 3rd time I’ve stayed. I like a decent 4 star hotel and this is one.

PM if you have any questions.

Linda x
Hi. We are visiting on the 1st Dec. From memory your son is Autistic, how is the room size? There are 4 of us. My 13 year old is profoundly Autistic.

Are there lots of laundry facilities?
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post

This is the same concern I had. Used to Hard Rock and Old Key west
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List