Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Dad 50 View Post
I meant that if I didn’t upgrade but instead paid oop for 4 TS for four people, that would be 16QS meals (4 sittings for 4ppl) I didn’t use from our plan that can be used another time.
Just crossed posts with you.

As per my post, it wouldn’t be hard to use up those 16 credits, as you only get 2 per day and most people eat three times a day.

Having said that, I think it makes sense to upgrade, especially if you wanted to do a character meal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think he meant if he paid OOP for four meals for four people, they will have 16 “unused” QS credits. Although as there are only two credits for each day, I don’t think it would be that difficult to use them up.
Yes, I was seeing it as a positive. As upgrading for £360 doesn’t actually purchase any more meals, just swaps QS for TS. And I think we’d be happy with a TS everyday other day.
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think he meant if he paid OOP for four meals for four people, they will have 16 “unused” QS credits. Although as there are only two credits for each day, I don’t think it would be that difficult to use them up.
I meant that if I didn’t upgrade but instead paid oop for 4 TS for four people, that would be 16QS meals (4 sittings for 4ppl) I didn’t use from our plan that can be used another time.
Yes, I was seeing it as a positive. As upgrading for £360 doesn’t actually purchase any more meals, just swaps QS for TS. And I think we’d be happy with a TS everyday other day.
Ah, I see what you mean. Personally, we're fans of the QSDP and just paying OOP for a couple of TS meals. However, we've had the DDP twice in the past so tried a lot of the meals what we wanted to do and our children are now older so things like character meals aren't a factor for us.

We're at the stage where we don't want to be tied to ADRs every day, and just have the flexibility to eat when we want without having to worry about being in a certain park, at a resort or Disney Springs. However, I know a lot of people like a TS meal every day.

There is a lot of variety on the QSDP too, just in case you're worried about that. We've just got back from our 6th trip (4th on QSDP) and I wrote a food report that you might find a useful read:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

I’ve read your report and it helped me decide that QS would work for us. And because we’re staying at POFQ, it only has QS.

I’m just undecided because of character meals - my kids would probably enjoy them.
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve read your report and it helped me decide that QS would work for us. And because we’re staying at POFQ, it only has QS.

I’m just undecided because of character meals - my kids would probably enjoy them.
Then book a couple of character meals with their favourite characters. It does seem very poor value to be paying for these out of pocket, but it would be cheaper than upgrading for the entire visit; if a daily TS meal doesn't suit your family it can end up feeling like a chore. I had a similar dilemma last year and decided not to upgrade. We loved the QS plan, had some lovely food and the flexibility really suited our family. We are doing QS again next year and booking a couple of TS meals, including a character breakfast at Tusker House.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You won't be short of choice with the Sassagoula Floatworks at POFQ, there's loads. I highly recommend the jambalaya - I had it most evenings when I stayed there last year and look forward to doing so again next year
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'm glad that it helped you.

Just book a couple of character meals for the kids. On our first trip our kids were 9 and 10 and we just did Tusker House and they were more than happy with it. Unless you've told them about all of the character meals available, your kids will be blissfully unaware and just enjoy what you do book for them. If you've got the gift card and decide to opt out of mousekeeping, that will go a long way to paying for a couple of meals, and it will still be cheaper than upgrading for the whole holiday, especially when you add the daily tips on too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List