Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am still being positive about it all. Today I booked the Sky Room at the Madonna Inn after cancelling a budget option at San Simeon. (Refund if I cancel, of course).

Like others, I had to cancel last year, twice. August is 18 months on from the initial shut downs and if we are not up and running by then, I strongly suspect that many things never will reopen.

As I said, I just have the two park days slated and with 2 nights at the Universal Hilton. If the parks are not open, then whilst I will keep the Hotel, I will go for a plan b on entertainment.. possible a drive in Laurel Canyon (I love everything about the 1960s music scene) and a walk down the grotty walk of fame on one day and a trip to a beach on the other... Oceanside.
Stop into the Canyon Country Store, visit Franklin Canyon park (amazing and completely unknown to tourists it seems). We're big music fans and drove all over the canyons before driving over into Malibu via the Paramount Ranch and then down Kanan Dume Rd. Amazing day.

Our original trip in 2020 was supposed to include concerts, a play, a Broadway show and the US Open tennis. We pushed everything back to Aug/Sep 2021 and I'm leaning towards unlikely because we are in Ireland and the govt are saying only 'maybe' to holidays within the country this summer! The head covid fella is saying international travel is 'unrealistic' this summer so we're resigned to moving it again but open to being surprised. If the borders are open we won't be vaccinated as we're too far down the list but we'd go if we had to provide a test. The concerts/shows and tennis are likely canceled so it won't be the same trip and we may change to a national parks trip if the borders open and save our original itinerary for 2022.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think when it comes to masks and social distancing its basically going to come down to two factors. How much vaccines stop you spreading it... How quickly can you vaccinate your country... I expect good news on both fronts by my trip in October.

I also think its going to be a requirement to have had the vaccine to enter the USA.

I think once the cat is out of the bag on some of this stuff the pressure to drop distancing and masks will be too great for them to remain. I think its being overplayed at the moment how much longer people and business will put up with this. There are a lot of very vocal people (pro masks / pro distance types) who will lose oxygen for their voices when real science finally turns up with some facts on all of this.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List