Notices

Old 8 May 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Thank you for the answer I hope it is dropped for younger children
Yep me too. In all honesty I don’t think they will drop it even if more measures are lifted in the uk. Only my thoughts but I live in hope too.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Looking forward to read your trip report.

We booked Disney Cruise on July at Liverpool and we booked Anthem of the Seas Southampton to Norweign Fjords next year May 2022.

We had been cruise with Royal Caribbean, Freedom of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas
Next Anthem of the Seas.. Sadly our kids are grown up now all adults now. They want join with us as family together for Anthem of the Seas. We were surprised as they want own travelling but they asked us to be together for Norway. But they are coming to Disney cruise too.

I wish to write trip report but I am not very good english as BSL is my first english. Maybe I should short trip report with photos?
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 10:31 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading more 😁
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post

We booked Disney Cruise on July at Liverpool and we booked Anthem of the Seas Southampton to Norweign Fjords next year May 2022.

We had been cruise with Royal Caribbean, Freedom of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas
Next Anthem of the Seas.. Sadly our kids are grown up now all adults now. They want join with us as family together for Anthem of the Seas. We were surprised as they want own travelling but they asked us to be together for Norway. But they are coming to Disney cruise too.

I wish to write trip report but I am not very good english as BSL is my first english. Maybe I should short trip report with photos?
Fortunately good grammar isn’t an essential requirement for trip report as my fat fingers type some complete nonsense at times. Your English looks plenty good enough to do a trip report so you shove it a go!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Looking forward to reading more 😁
Thank you. Hopefully this trip will happen so I get to do a trip report rather than the couple of false starts I’ve had with pre trippies due to Covid!
Old 9 May 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post

I enjoy your posts, your report would be great.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

A little Admin sorted

We have had Benjamin's birthday this week where he turned 4. It was lovely to have some of our family pop round and see him through the course of the day... socially distanced in the garden obvs.

So with double digit day fast approaching I thought I'd better firm up a couple of bits.

I have booked our parking at the port.

We have booked with ABP as it seems to be the closest to the ship and nice and straightforward. Won't lose much if we have to cancel either so seemed the sensible choice. Only realised after I booked it that the Premier Inn we have booked for the night before is only 1.2 miles from the car park so that should be nice and straight forward.

Having read some threads on the cruise planning section on here I have got our insurance sorted. It actually made me realise that our annual travel insurance I currently pay for through a work scheme is the best part of useless for anything at the moment so I should really cancel that although it was perfect with really good cover Pre-Covid.
We have bought it through Coverforyou and looks like just what we need.

On another note we noticed there has been an update on the NHS App in the last few days and both Sally and I can now see both doses of our vaccines showing on there. Not sure what Royal Caribbean will require as proof but that seems like a good start.

Next up we will have a think about what speciality restaurants we want to book on board if any. We have always made a visit to Chops Grill on previous cruises but not sure if it's worth it with the kids or not. Will have a think about this over the next month or so. I'm also keeping an eye out to see if entertainment becomes bookable. Lastly we await news on requirements for PCR tests for the kids.

Also need to get round to cancelling some leave for work as currently have the whole of August booked off for our doomed US trip.

Will update again with any further developments but we are pretty well planned so far I think. Getting quite excited about a lovely surprise for the kids should it happen.
Old 7 Jun 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks for this. I'm deciding whether to book this and trying to convince my 13 year old DS who right now is having non of it Well, he may just end up thinking he's on a day trip to Southampton on 22nd August if it comes to it
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Our eldest daughter Chloe came on cruises with us when she was 10 and then again when she was 12 and loved them. She’s even booked with her boyfriend to join us on one next year. I think he’ll love it if he gives it a chance.
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Our daughter loves cruising- shes met many friends over the years - somehow she is still in contact with, some we meet yearly on same cruises 😁.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List