Notices

Old 17 May 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alim66
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Is this the London embassy? Can you try Belfast?
neither are open,
alim66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I looked at Belfast, and it says you have to go to London for visas...he's been able to adjust his flight now at least, but it's all very doom and gloom.
WDW Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - every hotel (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
he's tried to get his visa appt (February!) expedited but has been turned down... no reason given.
I am afraid you probably have no hope of expediting as an emergency. They are very unlikely to see getting to a temp summer job as an emergency.
Old 17 May 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I am afraid you probably have no hope of expediting as an emergency. They are very unlikely to see getting to a temp summer job as an emergency.
That does seem to be the sad truth! He's been spending weeks now doing all of the online training and reading with the camp (it has a very particular non-hierarchical ethos and so asks its counsellors to read lots of philosophy etc) and has made his 'page' for their webpage which is now live. He's had a crummy few years with my/his dad's marriage breaking down and him coming out of it very scarred so I was just so hopeful that he could have this thing to give him some purpose and for him to feel good about! He's very independent as a result of it all, so I have to be careful not to interfere, but I will quietly try to do whatever I can to get him out there!
WDW Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - every hotel (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984

Edited at 02:51 PM.
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

That does seem to be the sad truth! He's been spending weeks now doing all of the online training and reading with the camp (it has a very particular non-hierarchical ethos and so asks its counsellors to read lots of philosophy etc) and has made his 'page' for their webpage which is now live. He's had a crummy few years with my/his dad's marriage breaking down and him coming out of it very scarred so I was just so hopeful that he could have this thing to give him some purpose and for him to feel good about! He's very independent as a result of it all, so I have to be careful not to interfere, but I will quietly try to do whatever I can to get him out there!
My step niece had her program cancelled again this year, she's gutted but hoping to go next year. When does your son need to be out there by at the latest? The issue will be that they will have a backlog and won't prioritize a J visa summer program and then the issue of not being able to fly direct from the UK at the minute. My head says its very unlikely to happen this summer. Has he been able to speak to the embassy, they might be able to give him a good idea of his chances
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
My step niece had her program cancelled again this year, she's gutted but hoping to go next year. When does your son need to be out there by at the latest? The issue will be that they will have a backlog and won't prioritize a J visa summer program and then the issue of not being able to fly direct from the UK at the minute. My head says its very unlikely to happen this summer. Has he been able to speak to the embassy, they might be able to give him a good idea of his chances
I agree with you. I am actually surprised the camp is still expecting him to be honest.
Old 17 May 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
He hasnít been able to get hold of anyone no, is it as easy as making a phone call?!
I think before the second week of June would be ideal..
Old 17 May 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

He hasnít been able to get hold of anyone no, is it as easy as making a phone call?!
I think before the second week of June would be ideal..
I would be calling London and Belfast until I got someone also try sending emails to them. My head says mid June is very unlikely but that's just my hunch and if someone at the embassy could speak to him he'll know where he stands which I'm sure he wants as there's nothing as bad as the not knowing.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Take it he has asked Camp America what the situation is. They should be dealing with this issue for all their would be camp staff. These young people pay an awful lot to the companies they should certainly be getting advice from them. To be fair I know the first year DD did camp she found Camp America very helpful but obviously a very different and unique situation now
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

TBH DonnaD, most of my friends have no idea that only US citizens and LPR's are actually allowed to enter the US directly from the UK / EU, so it may be a case that the camps are unaware.

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree with you. I am actually surprised the camp is still expecting him to be honest.