Old 8 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Breakfast QS, OOP, MVMCP November 2019 COMPLETED with highs and lows

Sorry for the uninspiring title but as it says we stayed at All Star Sports November 5th -15th with the breakfast QS plan

We have stayed onsite with and without the QS plan in the past and I have written reports for these.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1103825
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1056013

So for this trip we had the QS breakfast option and we anticipated would work best for us. Particularly as neither of us are large eaters when it is hot.
We booked direct with Disney from 5th -15th November and booked flights with BA later - economy out and World traveler plus coming back.
The total cost for this with 14 day tickets and booking seats too was £3036. This was for the 2 of us. We anticipated sharing some meals and paying out of pocket for snacks and any other food.
We also booked to attend the MVMCP on our last night the 14th, as I like to always spend our last night at MK. This cost us an extra £160 for 2 tickets.

Travel day 5th November
We do not live too far from Gatwick so left for the airport at 7.00 were through bag drop and security within 20 minutes and seated eating breakfast at 8.30.

Plus refillable tea
Total cost - £19.60

The flight was delayed but uneventful and the food was normal BA food , not great but passes the time. The flight was fully booked so despite being close to the front of the plane there was limited choice by the time the hostess got to us. I had also taken plenty of snacks; fruit, rice cakes and sweets.

Arrived only a little late and got to ASSports by 18.15. The plan was to go to HS but the rain was horrendous so having walked to the bus stop we changed our minds went to the food courts to purchase our refillable mugs, a 1/2 gallon bottle of milk and had an early night.

Total QS credits for our stay 20

Wednesday November 6th
Up early and had cereal and cereal bars and tea in the room
Our plans were to go to MK the on to Vineland to shop and head to Publix for fruit.
Purchased our first Cinnamon bun from Gastons 9/10 as usual

Unfortunately for some reason we completely forgot about food shopping so ended up buying prepared fruit from the grab and go which was much more costly.

The Uber dropped us at DS and we headed to Blaze for one of our favourite sharing meals, we made a half and half pizza and purchased a side salad OOP. This came with one drink and we also asked for water.

The pizza was great 9.5/10 the salad not so much - they had changed the recipe and added dried cranberries and pineapple to the roasted squash salad and the Feta cheese was hard to find 5/10

Having dropped our shopping back at the resort we spent the evening at HS
We stayed to watch the wonderful world of animation and walked around GE at night.
Ended up at Min and Bills sharing loaded chili cheese nachos, a coke and more water

This was not good and the seating area was so dark you couldn't see what you were eating which was challenging with the toppings 5/10

QS credits used - 2
Total left 18
OOP food costs - 2 mugs, milk, cinnamon bun and side salad. - $52.22
number of steps - 19800

Edited at 11:11 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Thursday 7th November

Breakfast in the room
Today we headed to Epcot for EMH - much improved bag check so in the park quickly and spent a few hours here before heading to try out the skyliner. Having watched the construction of this in 2018 we were keen to see how good it was. We were very impressed and traveled to AOA for a look around
We stopped at Landscape of Flavours for an Asian bowl and a serving of cookies and cream ice cream. we had water to drink.

Nice light lunch and enough for 2 to share. 8/10
After a quick journey to the resort we headed back out to MK for the evening.
We managed a few rides and headed to Columbia Harbour house for dinner. This time we shared the Fish Trio and had the green beans and carrots as our side. We had lemonade and water to drink. 7.5/10

We stayed for HEA and had 2 icecreams which we paid for OOP
Butter pecan and vanilla. 9/10 as usual

QS credits used 2
QS credits remaining 16
OOP - $13.00 ice creams
Number of steps 20500
Old 9 Dec 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Friday 8th November
Today started with grey skies and some rain forecast later
We had cereal and tea in the room and headed for MK
Managed 3 fastpasses, under the sea and space ranger spin twice before heading to the Tiki room;as we had never done this before. Sorry but I'm not a fan so wont be repeating that again
As the weather was not great we decided on another shopping trip - this time to International drive outlets. This was fine going but, for the first time ever, we struggled to get a ride back on Lyft or Uber. We had one driver who arrived and then changed his mind as a different fare suited him better
Eventually we got a Lyft back to Disney Springs and headed to Polite Pig for a very late lunch. We ordered the coffee rub Brisket with Mac and cheese and an extra side of crispy brussel sprouts. It also came with coleslaw and cornbread.

There was plenty to share, I think there were at least 5 large strips of Brisket. I think we made a poor choice as the coffee rub was very strong and overpowering after a while. I ended up scraping it off. The meat itself was lovely and the Mac and Cheese was the best I've had in the US. Unfortunately I did not like the brussels, I'm not sure if it was the time of day and they had sat around but they were burnt and also very bitter. I was really disappointed as I wanted to love them.
So I am going to give marks for the brisket 7/10, Mac and cheese, 10/10 and brussels 4/10
We went back to the resort to drop off our shopping then headed to Epcot with a view to seeing the new Epcot night show. The weather took a turn for the worst and having waited almost until 9.00 we gave in and left.
On returning to the resort we looked at the food court but nothing appealed to us so we picked up some brownie bites and headed to our room with some hot chocolate

QS used 1
QS remaining 15
OOP food spends- $5.91
Step count - 21500

Edited at 03:46 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Saturday 9th November

Our plan today was to go to AK for EMH
Started with cereal and tea in the room and joined a very long queue for the bus.
On arrival at AK it was apparent that the crowds had arrived for the Veterans day weekend. We had planned to see the first FOLK show but the queue was across and into Asia.We headed to Creature comforts for double chocolate frappucino, again a very long line. Such a shock having to pay for these OOP. Having completed our Fastpasses we went to Satuli canteen and shared the combination beef and chicken bowl with sweet potato hash and creamy herb dressing. 8/10

After this we decided the parks were too busy and did a monorail loop of the hotels, checking out the resort shops and Christmas displays that were up.
We headed on to MK the plan to watch HEA. We stopped for an butter pecan ice cream cookie sandwich and a double vanilla tub. 9/10

By this time the crowds were too much for us and we tried to leave via the emporium but the crowds were just as bad in there

So we left for the resort.We picked up a bag of Lays to snack on and a fruit cup to use for breakfast.

QS credits used -1
QS credits remaining 14
OOP food spends - $29.55
Steps - 18500

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fantastic start, some really yummy ice creams and polite pig is always good.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Sunday 10th November
So this was the first EMH for DS and we wanted to see GE in daylight
Unfortunately this is what we saw when we arrived at the bus stop

Three bus fulls later we got on a bus
The crowds in the park remained high so we decided to do a little resort hopping in search of resort Christmas pins and some pin trading . DH also wanted another ride on the skyliner.
We stopped at CBR and went to Old Port Royale. This area has been themed so well and with the skyliner I would now consider staying here again, although the QS food court is not as good as the other moderates IMHO.
From CBR we headed to DS, the plan to eat and then look at the Christmas tree trail.
Today was our first visit to Wolfgang Pucks, DH's favourite
So he ordered the meatloaf as he loves this dish and gave it 9/10

In the past I would have always ordered the Chicken Alfredo but having cooked this so many times at home I actually think our version is better than WP
So I chose the oven roasted salmon,cauliflower puree, marinated tomatoes and broccolini, this was absolutely delicious and a huge portion. 10/10

Later we headed back to HEA as we had bailed the night before due to the crowds.
More butter pecan ice cream was eaten and we also bought a bottle of water as the queues for free water were impossible. I do not appear to have a photo but this is my favourite ice cream flavour ever and I can never find it in the UK. 9/10

QS credits used 2
QS credits remaining 12
oop food costs $9.88
Steps 23500

Monday 11th November - Veterans day

Today we decided to alter our plans and took the bus to Epcot. A quick flight on Soarin and then walked to the Yacht club, the idea being to see the Christmas decorations, unfortunately they hadn't finished them.
We walked back into Epcot and walked around the world showcase stopping at Tangierine cafe to share a chicken platter, coke and water
This was good and filled a hole as we had an early breakfast in the room. 8/10

We went back to the resort and picked up another 1/2 gallon of milk and another fruit cup for breakfast
After a short rest we headed back out to HS to Jingle bell Jam and sunset seasons greetings. Before this we had fast passes to use and managed 2 goes on TSM
DH was hungry but not keen on the offerings at Backlot express so checking MDE we were able to get a table for ABC commissary for 30 minutes later. When we got there lots of people were turned away or told they could order but had to eat outside.
Here we shared the fish, shrimp and chicken platter with fries , sprite and water. We actually thought this was better than Columbia Harbour house, particularly the fish, which surprised us as last year ABC Commissary was poor. The fries were thick rather than skinny which I prefer. Drinks could be refilled at the soda stations.7.5/10

Dessert was yet another tub of ice cream from Hollywood Scoops, vanilla and butter pecan this time. 9/10

QS meals used 2
QS remaining 10
OOP Food costs - $21.83
Steps 20500
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Tuesday 13th November
The day the crowds reduced
Today we had planned to go shopping to I drive but having rearranged this to earlier in the holiday we had a slow start with breakfast in the room and headed to AK mid morning for our FOP . DH gets motion sickness so was dosed with travel sickness meds and his bands so he could ride with me. We did the drawing class at Rafiki's planet watch which we enjoyed but the lack of desks would make this difficult for children I would think.
I thought you might like a look at my drawing of Bruce. We did try to go back the next day but just missed the start of one class and the next class was drawing Bruce again so we didn't bother. There appears to be the same characters each day and I don't know how often they change this. It appeared to be all 'baddies' whilst we were there.

It was then lunch time DH wanted Yak and Yeti but the queue was long and they didnt appear to have started to serve. We headed back to Satuli Canteen instead and had another Chicken and beef bowl with sweet potato hash and creamy herb sauce

From AK we went on to HS for DH to go on TSM again, we managed 2 more goes.
And another butter pecan ice cream
Then we took the Skyliner to Epcot, this is a different experience at night and very peaceful. It stopped for about 5 minutes over the road and we had a good chat with our fellow occupant who was on his way to Le Cellier and was concerned he might miss his reservation.
Once in Epcot we made our way towards the Fast pass area for the firework show. Yet again it started to rain so we sheltered in Electric Umbrella and shared some chips
I took a photo anyway

It started to rain again and we abandoned watching as we had forgotten our rain capes. We dropped in to see Mickey and Friends in the new character spot and had the place to ourselves and had fun watching Mickey and Goofy dancing to the Christmas songs.

QS credits used 1
QS credits remaining 9
OOP food spends - $10.64
Steps-24200

Wednesday13th November

This day was forecast to be unseasonably cold and it was
We went to AK as I wanted to see the Christmas puppets, these are only out during the day and I had another FOP fastpass. We also did the Safari and watched the Nemo show. Im sure they have changed it slightly but it was still good.
We headed to DS via Saratoga Springs and went to Wolfgang Puck again for lunch. I was so cold that I wanted carbs and chose the Rigatoni Bolognese and DH had another meatloaf.
I don't think I made the best choice but it was filling

DH again really enjoyed this 9/10 and I thought the pasta was good but nowhere near a good as the Salmon 8/10

We had now got 7 QS credits left with 2 full days and travel day left. So decided to use 2 credits in Ghiradellis and then I used a further 1 in Goofy on a couple of bags of sweets and a large shortbread Mickey cookie. 8/10

We went back to the resort and ate this with some hot chocolate.
We went back to HS for the evening to get a picture with Santa as although we had one taken on the 11th as DH said to Santa he wasn't looking his best
We also had a great time dancing with Chip and Dale

QS used 5
QS remaining 4
OOP food spends $0
Steps 21200

Edited at 11:23 PM.
Old 22 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Thursday 14th November
This was our last full day. I always like to go to MK on my last night of the holiday so as this was a MVMCP night we had to book tickets

As we were likely to have a late night we had a slower start and although Epcot had EMH we got there just in time to do our Fast pass for Soarin before it expired. We made the decision to abandon our other FP's and head to the Beach Club to see the carousel and to try to purchase the Peter Pan Christmas pin

Also managed to purchase the pin
We walked back through Epcot and then took the bus to Saratoga Springs so we could walk across to Disney Springs. This was not the best idea and we probably should have just taken a bus from the Beach club, as we waited a long time for a bus to arrive.
In DS we headed to Blaze for more pizza, again we shared with different toppings on each half and a side salad, blood orange lemonade and water.

This is still my favourite pizza anywhere as I don't find it too greasy. 9/10 but the salad still lacked something and the addition of pineapple was not good. 6/10

We took a bus back to the resort and packed our cases.Even with our Christmas present purchases we were well under weight - we did have 2 bags each for the return journey as we were in world traveler plus. I ended up putting my carry on case into one of these as it would be easier to manage in the airport.

Just before 4 we headed to the bus stop to go to the MVMCP. I'm guessing 1/2 the resort were also going and we ended up having to wait for a 2nd bus. However we were still at the party soon after 4

The queues for the party wristbands were a little bit disorganized but we were soon through and picking up our Minnie cookie and having photos taken.
For us the goal of the evening was to get photos with rare characters and to see the parade and fireworks. We started with the 7 dwarves as we knew this was likely to be a long wait, we were in line by 5 but they did not come out until 6.15. This was a little frustrating as we heard other characters like Jack and Sally were out at 4.30. Then when they arrived I think one felt unwell as they had 2 photos and then disappeared again The poor photopass lady had no idea what was going on. Anyway by 6.45 we were done and headed to the pretzel stand

This was warm and doughy, if a little salty, and I thought it was very good 7.5/10
During the evening we had a few more pretzels and picked up a lot of cookies. We tried the grape Fanta and the apple juice which was nothing special. The egg nog was ok but DH wasn't a fan so after that we kept to hot chocolate.
We had planned to see the 2nd parade but got stuck on the Splash mountain side as the parade started so had to wait and watch it. This was a good thing as the rain started to fall and the 2nd parade was then cancelled. I am not sure if it was the position but I did not think the parade was that good. Perhaps you needed to see it in Main street with a flurry of snow. Having seen the parade several times at DLP I think their parade is much better,
We decided to get an ice cream from Plaza ice cream and by this time the rain was heavy. I didn't get a photo because of the rain and also because there was nowhere to sit; as lots of the tables were taken by people who weren't eating but waiting for the fireworks. The fireworks were good but I preferred HEA
We had a good night and managed to get photos with lots of characters. Even though it is an expensive evening and it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be I don't think we would do it again; as we prefer to do the tours which I feel are better value for money.
I took a photo of the cookies when we got home - I think we had 50 between us.

The peppermint ones were my favourite
We got back to the resort by about 11.30

QS credits used 1
QS credits remaining 3
OOP spends $11.65
Steps 22000

Friday 15th November

Our last day the weather was grey and cool.
We were up early and dropped our cases at Bell service and headed back to MK
We managed 3 fast passes and a few extra goes on Buzz.
We stopped at Pinocchios for lunch and ordered the Chicken Parmasan pasta and side salad to share with a coke and water. We sat out on the upstairs balcony and had the whole area to ourselves. There is a great view across Fantasyland

The pasta was a little plain and needed mixing with the sauce but the chicken and the salad were OK 7.5/10

We took a slow walk back to the bus stop as our ME was due at 14.15. We stopped in the main street bakery and used 1 QS credit on 3 portions of fudge; cookies and cream, peanut butter and chocolate and nut. These were eaten at home and were not that great except the chocolate one. 6/10

Back at the resort we had one QS credit left. We picked up a sandwich and a bag of Lays from the grab and go. We ate this later at the airport and it was really delicious and we were surprised at how fresh it was. Unfortunately I don't have a photo. It was a white roll with some arugula and lots of turkey 9/10

We had a good flight home despite a delay in departure. Food was no better in world traveler plus IMHO but the chairs were comfy and I did manage 4 hours sleep

QS used 3
QS - all used
OOP food spends 0
Steps 13100

I will post my final thought and total spends ASAP

Edited at 10:25 PM.
Old 22 Dec 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Highs, Lows and total food spends
So our total food spends whilst we were away were $154.68; much less than we anticipated.
I didn't include this Christmas popcorn bucket in the spends as I didn't buy this for the popcorn but as a Christmas decoration.

It lights up and I have the inside currently filled with Christmas chocolate

Highs
The skyliner - a game changer if you are staying at one of the resorts it serves. We found this very relaxing and the theming of each station was great.
Galaxy's edge - The theming was amazing.
Seeing the Christmas decorations in the resorts as well as the parks

Lows
The weather was much cooler than our last November trip
The crowds were much worse than our last November trip and possibly worse than when we have traveled in August.

Best meal
The salmon at Wolfgang Pucks was so good.

Worst Meal
Loaded chili nachos from Min and Bills - probably the only meal we wouldn't have again.

Best Park
Hollywood studios
The decorations, music and shows were all great and Galaxy's edge is an amazing experience.

Most surprising observation
Despite the increased crowds almost everyone was friendly and we had more conversations with other people than on any previous Disney holiday. I'm not sure whether this is because we were taking everything slower so had more time or the cooler weather made people more relaxed.

Already looking forward to POFQ 276 days to go
Thanks for reading and I'll finish with our Ghiradelli and sweet haul

Edited at 11:38 PM.
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have enjoyed reading your report.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List