Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Dec 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MUAlumni View Post
I am booked for May 21, looking at potentially rescheduling for The last 2 weeks of August, how busy is august in a normal year?
The last two weeks of August tend to be quieter, I believe, as most American kids have gone back to school.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I hope they don't cover the castle, not sure what they're planning to do for the 50th but I hope they just leave it alone.
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Let’s keep our fingers crossed (and toes and everything else that can be crossed) that there are no hiccups with regard the vaccine and it’s full steam ahead. Can’t wait to feel the Floridian heat. 🌞
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I hope they don't cover the castle, not sure what they're planning to do for the 50th but I hope they just leave it alone.
With everything that's happened this year I don't care what they do to the castle. At this stage all I care about is being allowed into America.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
With everything that's happened this year I don't care what they do to the castle. At this stage all I care about is being allowed into America.
It will be my DD2 1st trip and 1st birthday while we’re there so I’m hoping for some nice family photos in front of the castle.
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Getting Excited

Hello! We have booked for August 2021 too! I was really hopeful it would go ahead, but worry mask may still be necessary then. We would postpone it if that was the case as we have a two year old who wouldn’t keep the mask on. To be honest we would struggle with the mask in the heat too!
It all depends on how fast they vaccinate the required amount of people/we reach herd immunity!

And I’m with you on this one, I wonder what they are planning to do with the castle and hope they don’t cover it 😂
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

We have completely given up on 2021 now and I'm planning Oct 2022. I'm not going to Florida and wearing a mask all day. Can't think of anything more likely to spoil my holiday.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Aurora2018 View Post
Hello! We have booked for August 2021 too! I was really hopeful it would go ahead, but worry mask may still be necessary then. We would postpone it if that was the case as we have a two year old who wouldn’t keep the mask on. To be honest we would struggle with the mask in the heat too!
It all depends on how fast they vaccinate the required amount of people/we reach herd immunity!

And I’m with you on this one, I wonder what they are planning to do with the castle and hope they don’t cover it 😂
Ah cool! Where have you booked? I'm really hoping masks won't be necessary but if they are then it won't be too much of an issue as we're not dusk til dawn park people anyway. We tend to just go for a couple of hours and then head back to the resort for pool time or go to a waterpark. Then we may go back out to a park in the evening when it's cooler so it won't be like we're wearing it all day. I'm prepared to put up with it if it gets me back there but I'm hoping a lot of us would have had the vaccine by then 🤞🏼
Old 30 Dec 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Me neither.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm starting to feel quite optimistic about August... 3 reasons
1st we have 2 vaccines in the UK and now they are dosing every one once before moving on to the 2nd dose... So that means the younger folk should see us having at least one jab pretty soon.
2nd may onwards sees the warmer weather return, most countries in the world enjoyed a easing of restrictions during the warmer weather. Lots of people outside and less chance of transmission, which resulted in less hospital cases.
3.better treatments available by then, a few companies are saying they have treatments in the pipeline which will ease and help clear covid quicker.

Add these together and you have less cases, with lots of people vaccinated, = less admissions in to hospital and Those who do will be out quicker with less need for ICU.
It's a very nice cocktail of events that, as long as the vaccines are rolled out efficiently we will see a quick return to some kind of normality
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List