Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Apr 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

West coast planning

Hi, just after people’s thoughts on what days to try and avoid if possible in west coast cities for any reason ie. cheaper on week days, traffic in LA during week, conferences during week, cities we will be visiting are LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, San Francisco as well as Yosemite and Anaheim, thanks😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't drive from LA to Vegas on a Friday and visa versa on a Sunday.

Hotels tend to be more in Vegas at a weekend and when a big conference is on.

LA is quieter on a weekend but still quite busy.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I have previously read not to drive to Yosemite on a Friday, lots of folks go for the weekend. We went midweek(from SF), long drive but minimal traffic.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Do not try to drive Lombard Street on an early Saturday evening...
Old 5 Apr 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

If you are flying into LA don’t drive too far after your flight. Once we landed at about 14:30 but it took ages to get the car, then we hit rush hour. We were going to Palm Springs. It was horrendous. I will never forget it, nor will I do it again. It was November so dark as well. Spend the first night somewhere close.
Don’t underestimate rush hour traffic in LA.

San Diego was fine, quite easy to get around with sat nav on our phone.

We have driven to Las Vegas on a Friday and yes, the road is busy but it was ok. It was a steady stream of cars.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Brilliant, thanks everyone for those bits of info👍
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Do not try to drive Lombard Street on an early Saturday evening...
Don't bother having a car in San Fransisco at all.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Don't bother having a car in San Fransisco at all.
Whilst I agree... it is not needed. The opportunity to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and down Lombard Street are great memories for me.

But arguably could do that when you pick a car up. But it was middle of our trip so already had one...
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Whilst I agree... it is not needed. The opportunity to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and down Lombard Street are great memories for me.

But arguably could do that when you pick a car up. But it was middle of our trip so already had one...
It will also be in the middle of our trip so we’ll already have it.
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We didnt have a car in SF. Parking is ridiculous! We took an amazing tour all around SF, and over the Golden Gate, stopping beneath it to watch the surfers, then on to see the red woods. Was brilliant and the driver knew so much. Worth every penny. Great memories for me too.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List