Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Thanks all, I"ve been in touch with Ever after holidays, looking at a split stay at Disney and Universal. Flights out of Heathrow, Virgin Direct. 2 weeks from 22nd May 22, All in, with tickets is coming in at about £8500 for a family of 4. That's staying in Art of Animation 10 days and 4 days at Cabana Bay, Universal.

They've told me if any deals come out i.e Free night stays, meal plans, Disney dollars, then my holidays will automatically switch across to that.

I'm just waiting on a price for Caribbean as the wife likes the look of that resort.
Old 12 May 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
We booked yesterday for April. Going in easter holidays, 3 adults, 1 child £2600 staying in the rosen inn international. 11 nights with BA
Great price.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

We've Booked!

We went for

Virgin Flights from London Heathrow
8 Nights Disney Caribbean
14 Day Pass
6 Nights Universal Cabana Bay
Universal 3 Park Pass

total is £8460

This does not include transfers so will look at getting the Uber of Lyft app when we land to get us to our resort.

Now, to add my countdown!
Old 13 May 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dangallimore View Post
We've Booked!

We went for

Virgin Flights from London Heathrow
8 Nights Disney Caribbean
14 Day Pass
6 Nights Universal Cabana Bay
Universal 3 Park Pass

total is £8460

This does not include transfers so will look at getting the Uber of Lyft app when we land to get us to our resort.

Now, to add my countdown!
Good for you, Who did you book with in the end?

You should be able to download the Apps before you go and get them set up, and you will probably get a number of discounts offers as well.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Good for you, Who did you book with in the end?

You should be able to download the Apps before you go and get them set up, and you will probably get a number of discounts offers as well.
Went with Ever After Holidays, they were really helpful and great with tailoring what we wanted.

Yeah, planning to get them all sorted in the coming weeks and once the wife has an idea of a plan so we can book our park days.
Old 13 May 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyboy76
New Poster (4)

Hi all

First post, but came on here to do research

Some of the prices on here are astonishing, am looking at 2 weeks in august 2022, 3 adults, 2 kids, hard rock. Club level
With 2 weeks Disney/universal tickets chucked in and barely any change out of £15k!

Where am I going wrong?

Edited at 10:36 PM.
Andyboy76 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shell22
VIP Dibber

We are all booked for Sept next year. So looking forward to it, we need to sort out insurance asap, but the last quote i had was over £2000. I managed another one cheaper but they wont cover us more than 15months out
shell22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andyboy76 View Post
Hi all

First post, but came on here to do research

Some of the prices on here are astonishing, am looking at 2 weeks in august 2022, 3 adults, 2 kids, hard rock. Club level
With 2 weeks Disney/universal tickets chucked in and barely any change out of £15k!

Where am I going wrong?
The number one expense in August is flights. What flights are included in your price? Look at alternative airports or indirect to make a saving. Wait until they are actually released and take from there. We have booked a flydrive for August next year with virgin into Miami. Never done it before but not willing to pay the prices into Orlando. Cost for economy classic into miami for 2 a and 2 c is £2900 with fully insured SUV August 2022. Same into Orlando is nearly £6k!

You’ll probably save money by booking it all separately yourself but if you want a package, I’d recommend Ever After Holidays as do many others on here.

2 weeks in hard rock is going to be expensive and probably unnecessarry if also doing Disney. Have you been before? Universal and Disney are not close and you’ll probably spend more time at Disney so will be a lot of travelling if you stay at universal the whole time. How about a split stay with hard rock and Disney, a villa or another hotel/suite near Disney? There’s so much choice. This will save you money. Probably will need to hire a car though but i’d hold off doing that currently as the prices are through the roof!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyboy76
New Poster (4)

Many thanks for your response, it’s interesting I’ve just checked the flights for this august on the same dates and they work out in the region of around £800 per person, significantly cheaper than it probably works out for the package deal

I think the hotel is the right one, we will do Disney but universal might be better suited due to the age of the kids, others have said so too

I may book and pay the deposit on the package deal...then separately book hotels with a low deposit and wait for the flights to come out later...if I can then book the flights independently for a much cheaper price further down the line, I lose my original deposit but I’ve still saved money...
Andyboy76 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohana2020
Trying for More Ears

We have bitten the bullet and booked for Easter 2022 - 10-26 (27) April.

We were supposed to go in 2020 but obviously things changed and this didn't happen.

We have lost one party member but gained a baby so will be 5 of us (3a, 2c DD6, DS1).

Flights, Villa, Car and entry tickets costing a total of £7000 for the 5 of us.

Aiming to do a proper trip report Our return date is leaking slightly into the summer term by 3 days so need to contact the school (saved a significant amount).
Ohana2020 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List